Hallmarkguitars at NAMM 2010

jfine
Top Producer

Re: Hallmarkguitars at NAMM 2010

Postby jfine » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:13 am

Love those pics! That Surf Pearl sure looks cool--I'm glad I was able to get my order changed! Although I still like the sunburst too, but that'll have to wait until Bob sees fit to do a doubleneck or a 12-string! Lynda Kay sounds great too--that song is reminiscent of the early '60's, which is when I got a transistor radio and started listening to rock 'n' roll and pop music on it. I was ten in 1960, and my favorite song that summer was a tune called "Everybody's Somebody's Fool" by Connie Francis. Don't ask me why--maybe it was the country-sounding harmony on the chorus--sort of a female version of the Everly Bros. sound. Anyway--not to get too far off-topic here, but I recently heard Ernest Tubb's version of that song, and I wasn't aware that anybody besides Connie Francis had recorded it. Here's the question--does anyone know whose version came first? Ernest's version wouldn't have gotten any pop airplay, and I wasn't listening to country radio at that time--the only country music I heard in those days was whatever crossed over to pop radio. I was talking about that tune with an older friend of mine who grew up with country music, and he remembers Ernest's version, but he doesn't remember when it came out. So who covered who?

rog43win
Top Producer

Postby rog43win » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:55 am

Totally amazing guitars at the show! Thanks for all the gorgeous photos.....the finishes on these guitars are nothing short of incredible! Artistic masterpieces........

Roger

joelguitar

Postby joelguitar » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:07 pm

FYI, Latest Still Fumin' Newsletter is now on the web. Lots of photos and full report from Decemberchild 2009, the NAMM Music Trade show 2010, and more: http://www.stillfumin.com/stillfuminnews.html. Includes MosriteForever's pic of batgirl at the Hallmark Guitars booth at NAMM.

Return to “Hallmark Guitars”