Custom Hallmark Custom

jtr654
Top Producer

Re: Custom Hallmark Custom

Postby jtr654 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:07 pm

I really couldn't tell that much if any difference between the fullpower M3 and the Hallmark pickups.

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:13 pm

KRamone27 wrote:Both of the pickups sound great. Now all we need is a video demo of the Ellison double neck :D

In due time, sir, in due time. I want to get the audio sorted out, then I'll go through and do sound videos of each guitar.

JTR654 - you're right, they are very similar sounding pickups, which is a good thing, as both sound like the Mosrite pickups they are based on. I don't have any problem with the tone of the handwound Hallmarks, or their regular factory models, either. I got the M3's to have the added versatility of the half power setting. Listening through to the mixed hi/lo combos, they aren't very dramatic, so I may go back to the basic on/off toggles for each pickup and use a push/pull on the vol pot for the split control. Of course, that's the circuit that Raygun had recommended in the first place, but me, I gotta do it my way, even if I just wind up in the same place in the end.

Danny - Hmmm. I may have to take you up on the painting offer. You do far better work than I do! Let me get the decals first and we'll talk!
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

jtr654
Top Producer

Postby jtr654 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:35 pm

On the you tube demo Raygun had a boost in the push/pull tone control do you have that option?Or is that a special order?

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:38 pm

I like it Mel! If you need someone to make a waterslide or decal for you I can get you in touch.
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:38 pm

jtr654 wrote:On the you tube demo Raygun had a boost in the push/pull tone control do you have that option?Or is that a special order?

I think the pickups Raygun used in his demo had three taps. Mine have just two, which are basically the loudest and softest. From neck to bridge, my pickups measure out at 11.24/7.69K, 12.19/7.12K, 13.24/8.41K.

Sarah, thanks for the tip. I think I've got a source for the decal, but if it falls through I'll let you know.
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:14 pm

midwestsurfer wrote:To my ears, those p'ups sound a little more true to the traditional Mosrite sound than the p'ups in my H60C. A little more rudeness and bite perhaps.

I forgot to comment on this earlier - consider raising the pickups on your H60C. I've got the pickups on mine really close to the strings, which accentuates the drive and attack. On the H60C I had I found the tone a bit lackluster with the pickup height as I got it. Once I got the pickups up where I like them, the Mosrite tone was there.

Return to “Hallmark Guitars”