Hallmark sidejack custom 60

Tommy C

Hallmark sidejack custom 60

Postby Tommy C » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:31 am

Whats the word on the new Hallmark Custom 60 with the sidejack, and whats going to be the differences between this and the original Custom 60 other than the sidejack ?

Strat-o-rama
Top Producer

Re: Hallmark sidejack custom 60

Postby Strat-o-rama » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:38 am

Tommy,
I spoke to Bob Shade about it after I got my guitar. This was back in May. I don't think he had fully committed to it yet, because he was waiting to see what happens with the next order of 60 Customs (the one I got was one of the last from the second run). He said it would be in three tone burst and red--just like the original '63 Ventures Mark 1, and don't expect anything until '09. The specs would otherwise be the same as the 60 Custom. we also talked about doing some "custom" Customs with tiger maple tops, etc., but he was concerned about price points.
Go to the Hallmark website and call him, or email. I think feedback from potential customers goes a long way. Let him know you'd be interested. (I did!).

Tommy C

Re: Hallmark sidejack custom 60

Postby Tommy C » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:20 pm

Yeah, I already have a sunburst Custom 60 and they are great guitars ( Id like to have a red and a blue one to go with it ) :D . I talked to Bob about making a doubleneck version with a short octave neck on top like Joe Maphis and he said he had thought about it and a bass version. I think a single pickup bass in either sunburst or blue would be nice !

Return to “Hallmark Guitars”