Hallmark '60s Custom Cases

dubtrub
Administrator

Hallmark '60s Custom Cases

Postby dubtrub » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:19 pm

I just sent G&G cases and email to see if they still or will make the brown 'alligator' covered Mosrite cases. After doing so I remembered that Hallmark Custom '60s come with a hard-shell case. Can anyone advise if the Hallmark case is brown 'alligator' type covering? All I see are photo's of the black tolex covered cases for their swept wing guitar on their web site.
Danny Ellison

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Re: Hallmark '60s Custom Cases

Postby dorkrockrecords » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:08 pm

Alligator. You can order them directly from Bob Shade. I think he just got a new shipment in.

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:15 am

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this already, but does a real Mosrite Ventures model fit in a Hallmark Custom 60 case? I'd hate to assume and find out otherwise.
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Postby dorkrockrecords » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:35 am

I know from experience that the Hallmark case fits a V3 very nicely, and the fellow who bought my Semie Moseley Custom proto is having Bob Shade send me one for shipping his new toy. Pretty sure they are made by TKL, by the way.

sleeperNY
Top Producer

Postby sleeperNY » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:05 am

Owning one I can say they do. They even have a better quality case for them that I went with when I got my 60 Custom and it is great. Thicker wood and a great leather wrapped handle.

Jim
Gretsch-6122-58
Gretsch-6122-59
Gretsch-6120-vs-55
NOS Partsright Mosrite by Jim
Hallmark 60 Custom
Fender Twin Custom 15 Fender Tone Master Twin
Fender Bassman 59 LTD
Peavey Delta Blues
Korg AX3000G

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:28 am

I just placed an order with Bob Shade via email. I also asked him to join us on the forum. In case anyone else is interested in purchasing one his cases here's the info he sent to me regarding price.

" Hi Danny! Yes we are stocked with alligator cases! The cost is 135.00 plus shipping of 30.00 to California. There are no Hallmark logo's on the case and it fits these guitars perfectly and is very strong. Please let me know if you would like one. I will have to join the club one of these days! Thanks! Nice guitar!!!"
Danny Ellison

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:03 pm

I just got my Hallmark Custom 60 case yesterday and I can confirm that it's well built and fits a vintage Ventures model. The case is make by TKL and here are a few pictures.
First, the outside of the case. Nice looking alligator!
Next, the inside of the case, with 66 Mosrite. Note the nice snug fit. The guitar isn't moving around in the case:
Here's a comparison of the vintage Mosrite case (top) and the Hallmark case (bottom).
Finally, a look at the inside of the vintage Mosrite case. There's more padding and a tighter fit in the Hallmark case. The guitar moves around in the case - a little scary, and hence the replacement case.
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:18 pm

Hey Mel, what kind of Aircraft??? :mrgreen:
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:29 pm

Dennis,
Good attention to details - the seats are from a United wide-body, a four row bulkhead set with the tray tables in the armrests. I'm not sure whether they're from a 747 or L-1011, I forget which one had four seats in the middle and which had five. Quite comfortable when you've got the legroom and with the trays excellent for TV watching. Too bad the stewardess call button doesn't work. And no, I didn't scrounge a wreck to get them; I found them at a garage sale near the airport.
Mel

Return to “Hallmark Guitars”