Hallmark II Sheena model

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Re: Hallmark II Sheena model

Postby MWaldorf » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:07 pm

Bob Shade wrote:All of the Sheenas are blue and all of the Road To Ruins are white. We do not plan on changing that, but as I said we will for an upcharge offer you any custom color you like.

Bob

How do you do the custom finishes? Is the finish done at the Korean factory or do you take a stock model, strip it and refinish in Maryland?
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:00 am

MWaldorf wrote:
Bob Shade wrote:All of the Sheenas are blue and all of the Road To Ruins are white. We do not plan on changing that, but as I said we will for an upcharge offer you any custom color you like.

Bob

How do you do the custom finishes? Is the finish done at the Korean factory or do you take a stock model, strip it and refinish in Maryland?

What I'm wondering is what kind of paint is used. Nitro? Poly? Something else?

Austin
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:13 pm

Yeah I'd love to know what u finish these with. by the way Bob, i don't know if you only sell directly or not, but I talked to an owner of Shenandoah Music, the biggest store in the Winchester area, to look you guys up. he seems very interested. Maybe he could start carrying Hallmark Guitars. I'd love to see that. :D
Cheers,
Aaron
Facebook.com/aarons.guitars

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:29 pm

oipunkguy wrote:...I talked to an owner of Shenandoah Music, (...) Maybe he could start carrying Hallmark Guitars. I'd love to see that. :D
That would make the customer price go up, I presume... :?

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:15 pm

I dunno, if you can make several guitars from a bulk buyer, then you can assume Bob's cost for building these would go down. Of course this is all in the assumption that Bob even wants to go this route with his business. Either way, I'd just like to see the name out there more, it just makes me pissed when you look in guitar buyers guide out there, and less famous, lower quality guitars get more acclaim then guitars like Mosrite and Hallmark.
Cheers,
Aaron

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:11 am

oipunkguy wrote:I'd just like to see the name [Hallmark] out there more...
Bob's got a nice thing going with his direct-to-customer-approach, in my opinion but I agree with you Aaron that I'd like to see Hallmark and Mosrite in the same stores that sell Fender, Gibson etc. The upside is Mosrites and Hallmark remain kinda special :D

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:12 pm

Yeah I agree with you Paul, I mean who on here regularly speaks with the owner on Gibson, Fender, or whatever other company out there. I love that about Bob, and also The Mosrite Forum, in general. It's just that it's been my firm belief if you saw a guitar of the quality of a Hallmark, or a new or old Mosrite in a guitar store as often as you saw fender and Gibson, you know that people would be buying these guitars. Every once in a while I'll pull out one of my Mosrites and show them to customers when I work on their guitars. They are ALWAYS totally blown away by these. And 99% of people I show these guitars never have even heard of Mosrite or Hallmark. I get similar responses when I've taken my Mosrite to guitar center to try out an amp. That's why I have such strong feelings on the topic.
Cheers,
Aaron

— Mark Twain

SeanTheFunky

Postby SeanTheFunky » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:48 am

I still think it would be really cool to start seeing some of the fillmore mosrites in smaller, less known shops. Or at least online at a more reasonable price....

GTSP
Top Producer

Postby GTSP » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:51 pm

SeanTheFunky wrote:I still think it would be really cool to start seeing some of the fillmore mosrites in smaller, less known shops. Or at least online at a more reasonable price....

Yeah, it would be cool for a small mom & pop to carry them. But, at least here in FL, tere is no market for them.
In order of purchase:
1) Mosrite Ranger
2) V88
3) Stereo 350
4) Hallmark II in Johnny Blue
5) Danelectro '66
6) Celebrity III
7) Hallmark Gospel
8) Serenade
9) Eastwood 300

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:33 pm

GTSP wrote:
SeanTheFunky wrote:I still think it would be really cool to start seeing some of the fillmore mosrites in smaller, less known shops. Or at least online at a more reasonable price....

Yeah, it would be cool for a small mom & pop to carry them. But, at least here in FL, tere is no market for them.

What we need is good popular new famous players playing Hallmarks and Mosrites. The problem is getting thick headed people to listen to good music. Lots of people pass up golden bands because they don't like them on the first listen. Sigh. But I'm going off topic... Carry on...

Austin
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

Return to “Hallmark Guitars”