Hallmark II Sheena model

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Re: Hallmark II Sheena model

Postby Bob Shade » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:23 am

You would need to take the plate off every time you wanted to change up. You CAN do this but, I think it would be much better to leave the vibrato on. There is less of a chance to scar the guitar finish and there is also the chance of widening the mounting holes in the wood from constant changing.

Bob

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:41 am

Bob Shade wrote:You would need to take the plate off every time you wanted to change up. You CAN do this but, I think it would be much better to leave the vibrato on. There is less of a chance to scar the guitar finish and there is also the chance of widening the mounting holes in the wood from constant changing.

Bob

Thanks, I didn't think of scratching the finish but as for widening the mounting holes I might just end up modifying them with stainless steel inserts much like a Bill Kirchen neck mod, If I can find inserts small enough.

Austin
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

SeanTheFunky

Postby SeanTheFunky » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:23 am

so im guessing the trem will be like an accesory you buy seperately or will you offer a hallmark II that has the trem already fitted? also is there a chance you'll be releasing the guitar in any different finishes as a standard instead of a custom order?
Thanks Bob!

Sean

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:14 am

Time for a few more edited images of the Sheena.

Surf Green

Red

I'm still learning how to edit the images to make them look better. I could post a few more later.

Austin

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:49 pm

And here's one more. Please excuse the oddly colored headstocks.

"Jones Berry Lemonade"/Surf green ver. 2 (Jones is a Soda Pop company, I tried to get this color as close as I could to the color of the soda)

I won't post any more now. If you want to check out all of the edited colors I've made so far look in my photobucket account. http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f319/Gargoyle2500/

Austin

SeanTheFunky

Postby SeanTheFunky » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:27 am

Man they look so cool! haha i guess seeing as johnny never used em in these colours we'll have to pay extra to get em unless hallmark release a version based on the exact factory original and not the ones johnny moded himself.... **wink, wink, nudge, nudge @Bob Shade** haha i know it probz wont happen but its nice to dream.

Oh yeah @101volts-
you read my mind when you edited it into surf green lol looks really good aswell
Any chance you could edit a pic of the original trem unit onto the pic? thatd be great if you couldXD

Thanks
Sean

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:15 pm

SeanTheFunky wrote:Man they look so cool! haha i guess seeing as johnny never used em in these colours we'll have to pay extra to get em unless hallmark release a version based on the exact factory original and not the ones johnny moded himself.... **wink, wink, nudge, nudge @Bob Shade** haha i know it probz wont happen but its nice to dream.

Oh yeah @101volts-
you read my mind when you edited it into surf green lol looks really good aswell
Any chance you could edit a pic of the original trem unit onto the pic? thatd be great if you couldXD

Thanks
Sean

Thanks, I don't think I'll be able to edit a pic of the vibrato onto a Sheena with my photo editing software but I may be able to edit the picture of an original Mk. II if I can find a good picture of one that I can use. That could bar the one in the last few pages, I may not be able to work with an all white one.

Austin

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:07 pm

SeanTheFunky wrote:so im guessing the trem will be like an accesory you buy seperately or will you offer a hallmark II that has the trem already fitted? also is there a chance you'll be releasing the guitar in any different finishes as a standard instead of a custom order?
Thanks Bob!

Sean

Yes at this time the trem will be a seperate excessory. We do not know just yet about offerring the guitar with it as stock. We will see how people like them first. As well you can also put the Shade trem on there, that would work too and would be a better system.

Bob

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:45 pm

Bob Shade wrote:Yes at this time the trem will be a seperate excessory. We do not know just yet about offerring the guitar with it as stock. We will see how people like them first. As well you can also put the Shade trem on there, that would work too and would be a better system.

Bob

Perhaps this is a silly question but will the Shade vibrato fit on a Sheena (In the general place of where the folded vibrato would be) Without the screw holes overlapping anything?

Austin

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:29 am

The Sheena would show mounting holes for the plate, unless you were to leave the plate on (ala Johnny). However the RTR model will work fine in covering the tailpiece holes.

Bob

Return to “Hallmark Guitars”