Hallmark II Sheena model

JimPage
Top Producer

Re: Hallmark II Sheena model

Postby JimPage » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:26 am

Dennis, Bob Shade put my initials between the last frets of the Stradette he gave me using that technique, so he could probably put serial numbers there, too, or at least the last few digits.

I like that as it isn't as "in your face" as an inlay, but still makes the guitar more "mine!"

--Jim
• '99 Martin D-41
• '67 Mosrite Celebrity II
• '72 Mosrite Celebrity III
• '83 Tokai TST56
• '10 Hallmark Barris Krest
• '10 Hallmark 60 Custom
• '10 Hallmark Stradette
• '50s Tele Clone
• Basses: Ashbory, Hofner, 51RI Precision, 5-string, fretless

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:39 am

We are considering a stamped number on the fretboard on these new models. Thanks for the interest!

Bob

SeanTheFunky

Postby SeanTheFunky » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:05 am

Thank god for that!!! i've wanted a mkii like this for too long now!!! Finally an affordable (i hope) MKII that isnt just a clone of the white MKII Johnny played (the one with the dimarzio singlecoil and mini humbucker) So now we can get our mits on a gorgeous MKII and be able to call it our own istead of it looking and feeling like a signature model!!!!

Oh and i know this might sound a bit blasphemous but i also hope this thing can do a lot more than barre and power chords seeing as i love to play more colourfull stuff than the Ramones like ska, surf, blues and even a bit of funk to incorperate into my style.

I strongly pressume and hope this bad a$$ is a lot more versatile than the other MKII copies i've seen (Eastwood JR Elite for example)

This guitars gonna be huge if advertised well and will hopfully appeal to more the just Ramones fans so we can see a real revival of the model!!

Johnny

Postby Johnny » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:05 am

SeanTheFunky wrote:Thank god for that!!! i've wanted a mkii like this for too long now!!! Finally an affordable (i hope) MKII that isnt just a clone of the white MKII Johnny played (the one with the dimarzio singlecoil and mini humbucker) So now we can get our mits on a gorgeous MKII and be able to call it our own istead of it looking and feeling like a signature model!!!!

Oh and i know this might sound a bit blasphemous but i also hope this thing can do a lot more than barre and power chords seeing as i love to play more colourfull stuff than the Ramones like ska, surf, blues and even a bit of funk to incorperate into my style.

I strongly pressume and hope this bad a$$ is a lot more versatile than the other MKII copies i've seen (Eastwood JR Elite for example)

This guitars gonna be huge if advertised well and will hopfully appeal to more the just Ramones fans so we can see a real revival of the model!!

Dude. This is a surf guitar. The speed frets make for really easy bending and having strings really close together make lead easy.

Also it's still built to be like what Johnny used to have.

SeanTheFunky

Postby SeanTheFunky » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:15 am

Haha i guess your right sorry i just never really associated this particular model with the Ventures, always Johnny thats why i was wondering about how versatile it is

gplayer
Top Producer

Postby gplayer » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:05 am

Bob Shade wrote:We are considering a stamped number on the fretboard on these new models. Thanks for the interest!

Bob

That would be a good idea for all the hallmark models.

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:02 pm

rynaro wrote:Is there going to be an option for a trem?
-R

This was a VERY GOOD Question that 'got bypassed' in the postings. I'd be VERY interested if this was to
have an original Trem System w/the whammy bar projected from between the 'G' and 'D' Strings......
:D
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:38 pm

SeanTheFunky wrote:Haha i guess your right sorry i just never really associated this particular model with the Ventures, always Johnny thats why i was wondering about how versatile it is

That brings up the querstion; Did The Ventures EVER play any "II" Models? I doubt it but it just comes to mind as an interesting question.

Dennisthe Menace wrote:
-R

This was a VERY GOOD Question that 'got bypassed' in the postings. I'd be VERY interested if this was to
have an original Trem System w/the whammy bar projected from between the 'G' and 'D' Strings......

I was wondering the same thing. Of course, I probably could put a Stetsbar on with a little modification.
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

zarfnober
Top Producer

Postby zarfnober » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:11 pm

101Volts wrote:
SeanTheFunky wrote:Haha i guess your right sorry i just never really associated this particular model with the Ventures, always Johnny thats why i was wondering about how versatile it is

That brings up the querstion; Did The Ventures EVER play any "II" Models? I doubt it but it just comes to mind as an interesting question.

Dennisthe Menace wrote:
-R

I was wondering the same thing. Of course, I probably could put a Stetsbar on with a little modification.

I believe the Ventures DID play some 'II slab models, which they brought to, and which stayed in Japan, I believe the guy from Fillmore owns serial number 001. Someoen correect me if I'm wrong.

Rocco
www.rockometeramp.com Vinatge spec American and British style cabs, custom cabs, recovers, regrills and restorations.

SeanTheFunky

Postby SeanTheFunky » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:34 am

101Volts wrote:

No i meant that any other model BUT the MKII would be associated with the Ventures. The II is definately more of a Johnny model

Return to “Hallmark Guitars”