Hallmark II Sheena model

motiersbad
Valued Member

Re: Hallmark II Sheena model

Postby motiersbad » Thu May 17, 2012 10:40 pm

zarfnober wrote:Mod on blue guitar was a stop tailpiece. The white one started out stock with stop tailpiece, bridge pu fried and got Dimarzio FS, not sure on neck pu, which became SD mini hb, knobs got changed and supposedly neck pickup was disconnected, and the tone knob was set to all treble and rendered inoperative. Neck was refretted at least once. Saw it up close and frets were huge comapred to stock, and even those were totally worn. I'm surprised this guitar held up as long as it did. But then again, it is the holy grail.

Rocco

Thats not correct. The white one had the HighOutputSingleCoils, too. You can see it on Rock'n'Roll Highschool and some old pictures & videos.

You can see it that the pickguard was changed, the new pickguard has a little bit a different sizes, so today Fillmore will copy this form, too - The Hallmark II has the original Pickguard Shape. About the Stop Piece i dont know really, but it seems on some pictures that a vibrato was installed first.

Best regards
Phil

timmat

Postby timmat » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:04 pm

I'm looking for one of these (Hallmark Sheena / JR Blue model). I also have a post in the WTB part of the board. Let me know if you have one you're willing to part with. Thanks.

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:15 am

We will have more finished and available in December. If you wish to you may pre-order one in November to make sure you get the color you would like.

Thanks for the interest!

Bob

timmat

Postby timmat » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:29 am

I'm looking for one of the Sheena / JR blue models for a Ramones show in October. thx.

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:53 am

We could make you one in blue for a minor upcharge.

Pm me or call for more details.

Thanks, Bob

abio

Postby abio » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:43 am

hi everyone! sorry to bring an old thread back to life... i was browsing the hallmark site and just found out about the jr model. i've already got in touch with bob a couple weeks ago, asking infos about the custom 60 model... actually, i was about to go for a 60! but then i thought what the heck, i play ramones style music (i love the ramones and all their heirs: SW, the queers, HEAD, boris the sprinkler, furious george...), maybe i should just grab one of those JR guitars!

just wondering if the johnny's sign on the pickguard is an actual feature, or just a part of the web page presentation... 'cause i'd prefer a clean pickguard, you know... i'm a big fan, but that giant autograph is too much for me :D

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:53 am

The autograph on the guard is gone. Now the Johhny Ramone name is on the headstock with the Hey Ho Let's Go eagle.

Bob

abio

Postby abio » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:00 am

wow thanks! looking forward to ordering one of them asap then!

sorry for wasting your time via e-mail about the 60 model, but my bank was setting weird limits to my credit card and i just figured how to get that fixed now.

on the other hand, i'm glad because i really think the johnny ramone model will fit me just perfect - even though the custom 60 is a thing of beauty for sure

TriflerShawn

Postby TriflerShawn » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:46 am

Abio......check out the Hallmark II while you are at it.

It does the Ramones sound very nicely, but with the addition of the Shade vibrato, it can be used for so much more!

abio

Postby abio » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:29 am

actually, i like the stop tail on the jr model: i never use vibrato and always feel guilty when guitars have features i don't use :D

Return to “Hallmark Guitars”