Roland Blues Cube Artist/Stage/Hot 30

olrocknroller
Top Producer

Roland Blues Cube Artist/Stage/Hot 30

Postby olrocknroller » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:08 pm

Have been seeing a lot of hype on these amps from Roland... A friend of mine tells me that Jack Semple just bought one for his blues band... He's a killer blues player, but I'd like some other opinions. Has anyone out there in the forum plugged into one of these? For the price, you can buy tube, but the lure of no tube replacements, and SS stability is pretty strong for me!

Comments?
Olrocknroller

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: Roland Blues Cube Artist/Stage/Hot 30

Postby dubtrub » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:16 pm

No experience with it but the jazz player in the Sweetwater NAMM video makes it sound mighty nice.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BCHot-VB
Danny Ellison

olrocknroller
Top Producer

Postby olrocknroller » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:57 pm

He does that, which led me to wanting to talk to someone with "live" experience. Guess I'll have to make the trek (276 miles) to my "local" Roland dealer! :roll:
Olrocknroller

olrocknroller
Top Producer

Postby olrocknroller » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:17 pm

Well, I pulled the trigger and bought one. The beauty is that if you want clean, jump the power up a notch, and dial the guitar back, but if you want bluesy crunch, drop the power switch a notch and crank the guitar...the response is exactly like a tube amp with fresh tubes and circuits; it dirty's up in direct proportion to how hard you drive it. I've had the amp for over three years, and it has become my go-to for tube response in the clean-to-crunch zone.
Olrocknroller

sleeperNY
Top Producer

Postby sleeperNY » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:17 am

I just bought a Fender Tone Master Twin and have used it on 4 gigs with a band and am loving it. To me it has the right feel of a tube amp and at 68 going on 69 years old I can lift it without any troubles.

Jim
Gretsch-6122-58
Gretsch-6122-59
Gretsch-6120-vs-55
NOS Partsright Mosrite by Jim
Hallmark 60 Custom
Fender Twin Custom 15 Fender Tone Master Twin
Fender Bassman 59 LTD
Peavey Delta Blues
Korg AX3000G

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:23 am

sleeperNY wrote:I just bought a Fender Tone Master Twin and have used it on 4 gigs with a band and am loving it. To me it has the right feel of a tube amp and at 68 going on 69 years old I can lift it without any troubles.

Jim

I had never heard of this amp but I just checked the spec's online. Sounds like Fender nailed it with this amp. Is the cabinet construction well built or does it seem cheesy?
Danny Ellison

sleeperNY
Top Producer

Postby sleeperNY » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:37 pm

dub, it feels just as strong as the tube Twin. I have the Bassman 59 LTD with a pine cab and this Twin feels as good as that.

Jim
Gretsch-6122-58
Gretsch-6122-59
Gretsch-6120-vs-55
Hallmark 60 Custom
Fender Bassman 59 LTD
Peavey Delta Blues
Korg AX3000G

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:49 pm

sleeperNY wrote:dub, it feels just as strong as the tube Twin. I have the Bassman 59 LTD with a pine cab and this Twin feels as good as that.

Jim

After I posted my question I went to the Fender website and red the specs. It say's they have a pine cabinet just like the one's made in the 50s & 60s before they went to plywood. That Deluxe Reverb model looks interesting too.

Glad to her you are playing in a band again. Our band finally gave it up after seven years of continuous bookings. Now I enjoy playing to backing tracks without all the hassle that goes with playing live. ;)
Danny Ellison

sleeperNY
Top Producer

Postby sleeperNY » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:36 am

Ya I started playing in a country, classic rock-pop music band. I have it easy compared to bands I have been in the past. I play lead on most of the country stuff and rhythm on most of the rest.

I decided that I wanted to play out more after I had open heart surgery for an aortic valve replacement just over 2 years ago. I am enjoying it more now than in the past. Funny thing though, I haven't played my Mosrite in this band, though I do have more guitars to choose from now. The only guitar that I would like to get now though would be the Merle Haggard Telly. It is just a bit out of my price range.

Jim
Gretsch-6122-58
Gretsch-6122-59
Gretsch-6120-vs-55
Hallmark 60 Custom
Fender Bassman 59 LTD
Peavey Delta Blues
Korg AX3000G

Return to “Amp Tech Q&A and Repair Shop”