One of the Last Mo' Bass made by Uncle Semie......

handbrake
Top Producer

Re: One of the Last Mo' Bass made by Uncle Semie......

Postby handbrake » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:58 am

The seller of Randy's bass wants 45 large, but I wonder how much Randy got out of the deal?

Regardless, Semie's creations for family members probably deserves a topic of its own. I wandered came across something similar a few days ago. This exchange is from 2005. Full transcript here.

Semie's grandson wrote:We have been offered some extremely high prices for this guitar before, but we keep it locked away in a safe, I play it on occasion though and I'd never sell it but....It's sort of like those people who take stuff to get valued at actions on tv.

Anyway it is a completely custom color, sort of a pink sparkle, with some custom painting that was hand made by semie moseley for my mom (his daughter). It is custom signed by him as yo ucan see on the back of the headstock. It has her name on the fretboard, and the year it was made. It does have a serial number, and the rest you can see in these pictures

Semie's grandson wrote:We've been offered $20,000 cash for it and been shown the money. The guitar would absolutely never go up for sale. My family has been in some pretty tight predicaments with finances but that guitar would never be considered

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:06 pm

Did I not see this one on E-Bay about a year ago??????????? :?
Mosrite Photo Gallery (Click on the Doubleneck).
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Postby dorkrockrecords » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:10 pm

Dennisthe Menace wrote:Did I not see this one on E-Bay about a year ago??????????? :?

I think you did not. However, what I do think you remember is the blue M88 with an angel on it that I believe Semie made for his nephew(?) Dustin(?). The last time I checked it was still hanging on the wall of Vintage Gear Hollywood for $3600.

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:28 pm

dorkrockrecords wrote:
Dennisthe Menace wrote:Did I not see this one on E-Bay about a year ago??????????? :?

I think you did not. However, what I do think you remember is the blue M88 with an angel on it that I believe Semie made for his nephew(?) Dustin(?). The last time I checked it was still hanging on the wall of Vintage Gear Hollywood for $3600.

THAT'S the ONE!! Again, thanks Adam.....
Mosrite Photo Gallery (Click on the Doubleneck).
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Return to “eBay, Craigslist & other listings”