Mosrite on tour with the Insect Surfers

Nokie
Top Producer

Re: Mosrite on tour with the Insect Surfers

Postby Nokie » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:32 am

sleeperNY wrote:Great pic's Nokie. Did I see a thumb pic in some of those pic's???

Jim

Yes, that's a Herco Heavy thumbpick. I like how secure they are, I never drop 'em.

sleeperNY
Top Producer

Postby sleeperNY » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:26 am

Nokie:

I have been using some Kelly slick picks when I try to play some Chet stuff. They work well for me.
Jim
Gretsch-6122-58
Gretsch-6122-59
Gretsch-6120-vs-55
NOS Partsright Mosrite by Jim
Hallmark 60 Custom
Fender Twin Custom 15 Fender Tone Master Twin
Fender Bassman 59 LTD
Peavey Delta Blues
Korg AX3000G

Nokie
Top Producer

Postby Nokie » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:19 pm

sleeperNY wrote:Nokie:

I have been using some Kelly slick picks when I try to play some Chet stuff. They work well for me.
Jim

Hi Jim,

Is this to say you use flatpicks for non-Chet stuff?

I like your Mosrite project. I also dealt with Curtis Muldoon for one of my Mosrites a few years ago. I had to go through three of his Mosrites before I got one that didn't have issues. I initially went for one that he painted but his paint job was awful. The second had factory paint but pickups with poll pieces that were lined up between the strings instead of under the strings. Ultimatley I got one that had a very nice factory paint job but the electronics were very messed up. I figured I'd fix the electronics and be happy. Its a nice one.

-Marty

sleeperNY
Top Producer

Postby sleeperNY » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:43 pm

Marty:

Yes I use a flat pick most of the time with the band. I'm just a Chet picker at home. The only real issues I had with my parts were the pickups. I had the first set replaced because one didn't have much volume and the other had the pole screws drilled in crocked. The next set I got had one that had no volume so I sent it to EF Elliot and he fixed it and had it back in less than a week. Now the guitar plays great but does need a bit more fret work. It had some rounded off to much at the sides. The rest of the neck is great and I may just have all new frets installed at some point in time but for now it plays fine and I am having fun playing it.
Gretsch-6122-58
Gretsch-6122-59
Gretsch-6120-vs-55
NOS Partsright Mosrite by Jim
Hallmark 60 Custom
Fender Twin Custom 15 Fender Tone Master Twin
Fender Bassman 59 LTD
Peavey Delta Blues
Korg AX3000G

Return to “Members' Music and Gigs”