Tube Park, 30.-31.1.2009 Lahti, Finland

Chemo
Top Producer

Tube Park, 30.-31.1.2009 Lahti, Finland

Postby Chemo » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:12 am

Tube Park is a great indoor festival held in the end of January at Alex Park Hotel, Lahti, Finland. There's surf and rautalanka music, and also some rock-a-billy as well. We were there with The Silver Hawks this year, and will also be there in next month's event.

http://www.tubepark.fi/
This concludes my report from outer space. Now, back to studio!

64sunburst
Top Producer

Re: Tube Park, 30.-31.1.2009 Lahti, Finland

Postby 64sunburst » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:11 pm

Chemo, I just went to the Tube Park link and checked out some of the band's MySpace videos/audio. There's some really good bands that you'll be playing with at Tube Park. 8-) Too bad I can't make it but Honolulu is quite a ways from Finland. Is rautalanka similar to surf music? Anyway, your band's version of Merry Gentlemen just rocks!

Byron

Chemo
Top Producer

Re: Tube Park, 30.-31.1.2009 Lahti, Finland

Postby Chemo » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:21 am

64sunburst wrote:Too bad I can't make it but Honolulu is quite a ways from Finland

This time of year, I'd love to be in Honolulu instead of Finland :D (it's not really that cold here in southern Finland now, but very dark, rainy and generally awful weather)

64sunburst wrote:Is rautalanka similar to surf music?

To some degrees, yes. The timeline is very similar, the first rautalanka recordings were made in the early 60's. Basically the rautalanka sound is close to early stuff from The Shadows. The main difference with equipment is that most rautalanka guitarists use tape echoes (or digital versions of them), instead of spring reverb units. Whereas surf is based in rock'n'roll, rautalanka is in many cases old minor key folk songs made guitar instrumentals.

64sunburst wrote:Anyway, your band's version of Merry Gentlemen just rocks!

Thanks Byron :)
This concludes my report from outer space. Now, back to studio!

Return to “Members' Music and Gigs”