Louisville area Surf Daikaiju not my gig but hey surf music!

cmiller0034
Top Producer

Louisville area Surf Daikaiju not my gig but hey surf music!

Postby cmiller0034 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:06 pm

If you like surf music... I guessing if you are visiting a Mosrite forum you have at least a passing interest in the genre, Daikaiju will be in the Louisville area this thursday. They are WILD! Dont let the creepy masks fool you they are really nice guys to talk to... though they are mute during the show. A Kabuki thing I guess. I have never had so much fun at a show.

according to their Facebook page:

DAIKAIJU RETURNS!!!
01.08 - The Copper Top - Huntsville, AL
01.09 - Mag Bar - Louisville, KY
01.10 - Mainstay Rock Bar - Cincinnati, OH
01.11 - The Green Lantern - Lexington, KY
01.12 - TBA - Murray, KY

here a a couple photos I took 2 years ago.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."- a wise man

FritzCat
Top Producer

Re: Louisville area Surf Daikaiju not my gig but hey surf mu

Postby FritzCat » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:52 pm

Daikaiju puts on an unbelievably great show! I describe them as a cross between Dick Dale, Rush and Kiss. Probably one of the best values for your entertainment dollar. They do at least 200 gigs a year.

cmiller0034
Top Producer

Re: Louisville area Surf Daikaiju not my gig but hey surf mu

Postby cmiller0034 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:14 am

FritzCat wrote:Daikaiju puts on an unbelievably great show! I describe them as a cross between Dick Dale, Rush and Kiss. Probably one of the best values for your entertainment dollar. They do at least 200 gigs a year.

Agreed. Man or Astroman? and Daikaiju. are my 1 and 2 top fav performers. I have seen them twice. They are the only surf group that shows up in my area that I know of. A few of my former workmates where in a band and toured with them. They turned me onto them about 3 years ago.

GO SEE THEM IF YOU GET A CHANCE!
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."- a wise man

Return to “Members' Music and Gigs”