Dick Venom & The Terrortones Live In Your Living Room!

BigRedX

Dick Venom & The Terrortones Live In Your Living Room!

Postby BigRedX » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:56 am

On Friday 12th July at 9.30 BST (British Summer Time) thanks to the wonder of the internet, you will be able to see my band: Dick Venom & The Terrortones play live at the Jam Café in Nottingham UK from the comfort and safety of your own home.

It's being made possible by those nice people at White Collar Zoo who stream the audio and three camera live mixed video of each Weekend's Jam Café gigs. You do need to sign up for their free service to watch the live stream, but IMO it's worth the effort. Once you've done that, there's also a handy count down on the live streaming page that will let you work out when the show begins in your time zone!

Of course you don't get the full effect of Mr Venom close-up-and-personal but that might actually be a good thing for those of you of a shy or nervous disposition!

To get an idea of what it's all about, here's a single track taster from a gig we played there a few weeks ago. Dick Venom & The Terrortones play "Valley Of The AllyAlligator Girls"

sumlin

Re: Dick Venom & The Terrortones Live In Your Living Room!

Postby sumlin » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:23 am

I'm from Nottingham too. Small world.
Brass Rail #43
Acoustic Black Widow #BC1092
MkV #B735
Univox Hi Fliers, Tele Deluxes, Harmony Bobkats

BigRedX

Postby BigRedX » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:41 pm

sumlin wrote:I'm from Nottingham too. Small world.

Well, if you liked what you heard, come along to our next gig at the Jam Café on Friday August 9th.

Do you play in a band? If so let me know which one and we'll come and see you play.

sumlin

Postby sumlin » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:37 am

BigRedX wrote:
sumlin wrote:I'm from Nottingham too. Small world.

Well, if you liked what you heard, come along to our next gig at the Jam Café on Friday August 9th.

Do you play in a band? If so let me know which one and we'll come and see you play.

I'm guitar in Grey Hairs and Kogumaza, used to be in Lords, Wolves Of Greece and some others I've forgotten probably for good reason. Playing Univox Mosrite copies in all of them pretty much and hiding a '76 Mosrite Brass Rail under my bed. I was at Supernormal Fest this weekend so wasn't around so apologies.
Brass Rail #43
Acoustic Black Widow #BC1092
MkV #B735
Univox Hi Fliers, Tele Deluxes, Harmony Bobkats

BigRedX

Postby BigRedX » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:41 pm

We've probably spoken at some point. I saw Lords lots of times and you always seemed to be supporting other bands I liked.

Let me know when you're playing locally and I'll make sure I can get down to see you.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing those Univox...

Return to “Members' Music and Gigs”