matthias von stumberger - surfy fuzzy garage punk

Happy_tom

matthias von stumberger - surfy fuzzy garage punk

Postby Happy_tom » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:37 am

Hi.

I thought people on this forum might like some of my homebrew music, 'couse of the mosrite-equipped influences... :mrgreen:

Here are 7 garage surf, fuzzy, trashy 60s flavored punk songs. Hope you like them.

http://matthiasvonstumberger.bandcamp.com/

I recorded everything myself, live, straight with a mic plugged into the laptop. Turned out surprisingly good, considering the circumstances.

Everything, including vocals is played through a red knob fender twin and a cheap tubesceramer copy. Well, everything, except the drums, of course :mrgreen:
Guitars mostly used are epiphone SG 1961 special and and epi SG standard, with a squier strat thrown in here and there. Bass is shortscale epiphone EB3. 6th track has a cool bass line. Listen to it. Now. Please. Just so buying that bass wasn't a complete wase of money... :oops:

enjoy. hopefully... :geek:

zarfnober
Top Producer

Re: matthias von stumberger - surfy fuzzy garage punk

Postby zarfnober » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:55 pm

I like it, but then again I woke up with a moral hangover. Kidding aside, I like it, and the beard is pretty awesome too. I'm guessing you never listen to anything by Billy Childish?

I listen to Underground Garage all the time, and wish they'd play more stuff like this, but unfortunately Steven VanZandt runs the whole darn thing.

What kind of car is that? Very cool, looks like nicer version of a 4 door Gremlin.

My only suggestion is a less modern amp, like a Silvertone/Danelectro. Keep up the good work and keep us posted,

Rocco
www.rockometeramp.com Vinatge spec American and British style cabs, custom cabs, recovers, regrills and restorations.

zarfnober
Top Producer

Postby zarfnober » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:00 pm

http://www.myspace.com/558481262

What happened to the Orange Jews? Mel?

Rocco
www.rockometeramp.com Vinatge spec American and British style cabs, custom cabs, recovers, regrills and restorations.

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:31 pm

Cool stuff - the epic sideburns are definitely meshuggeneh! :)
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

SanchoPansen
Top Producer

Postby SanchoPansen » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:53 am

It's a Opel Ascona. Very common car from the 70s in the EU.

Happy_tom

Postby Happy_tom » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:25 am

thanx, all.

Wow, the Orange Jews page still exests. :mrgreen: That band unfortunately never rally took off, mostly becouse the lack of singer, time and seriousness. We never had a gig. We all wrote songs, so after we gave up, I recorded my share of the songs myself. Originally I just gave them to the past band members, but they showed them to others and response was good so I put tnem up on the net. Actually, some garage record label is interested in releasing this as an album... :shock:

This is currently my main punk band http://www.myspace.com/zmpband where I play rhythm guitar (I only play guitar 3 years or so, so this is the best I can do :mrgreen: )
I play drums in one psychobilly and one hard rock band, but all 3 bands are in desperate need of new, better recordings. Which should happen soon...

Yeah, that's an Opel Ascona mark B (1975-1981) and LSD is an ode to Limited Slip Differential :lol:
They were famous for good handling and reliability, but also notorious for rust issue.
That's why it is currently being completely rebuilt. The project is coming along nicely, but it takes FOREVER, so I like to throw in 'smaller' projects, like building a mosrite guitar, then I feel better becouse at least there's one project completed every now and then. :P

Happy_tom

Postby Happy_tom » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:30 am

thanx, all.

Yeah, Billy Childish was a major inspiration, although I only have 1 album. But the idea of making an album in the kitchen really stuck. 8-)

Wow, the Orange Jews page still exests. :mrgreen: That band unfortunately never rally took off, mostly becouse the lack of singer, time and seriousness. We never had a gig. We all wrote songs, so after we gave up, I recorded my share of the songs myself. Originally I just gave them to the past band members, but they showed them to others and response was good so I put tnem up on the net. Actually, some garage record label is interested in releasing this as an album... :shock:

This is currently my main punk band http://www.myspace.com/zmpband where I play rhythm guitar (I only play guitar 3 years or so, so this is the best I can do :mrgreen: )
I play drums in one psychobilly and one hard rock band, but all 3 bands are in desperate need of new, better recordings. Which should happen soon...

Yeah, that's an Opel Ascona mark B (1975-1981) and LSD is an ode to Limited Slip Differential :lol:
They were famous for good handling and reliability, but also notorious for rust issue.
That's why it is currently being completely rebuilt. The project is coming along nicely, but it takes FOREVER, so I like to throw in 'smaller' projects, like building a mosrite guitar, then I feel better becouse at least there's one project completed every now and then. :P

Return to “Members' Music and Gigs”