videos of me and my Lefty Mosrite

leftyjay

videos of me and my Lefty Mosrite

Postby leftyjay » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:04 pm

http://www.youtube.com/southpawjay

i recently got me a mark 1 lefty in sunburst. i've had it for about a month and must say, it is a fine instrument. it has the dana moseley pickups and is an "Original" made in the USA model from 2010. it never seems to go out of tune. i do a solo gig in southwest florida and perform about 220-240 gigs a year. i've been a long time Ventures fan and love to play a few of their tunes on stage.

i am playing thru a line 6 pod xt live directly to my PA mixer. i made my own backing tracks using my ensoniq asr keyboard workstation.

there are many, many videos on my youtube channel, but i wanted to point out my mosrite videos. there are banjo, keyboard, tele, strat, gretsch, jazzmaster, and acoustics of many kinds.

enjoy
Lefty Mosrite Original USA 65 Mark 1 Sunburst 2010
Lefty Mosrite Original USA 65 Mark 1 CAR 2013
Lefty Fillmore of Classics 65 Mark 1 Black 2006
Lefty Hallmark Custom 60 Pearl White 2012

Nokie
Top Producer

Re: videos of me and my Lefty Mosrite

Postby Nokie » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:39 pm

I like that you are playing some of The Ventures "deep cuts" such as Runnin' Wild and Ravin' Blue. Nicely done!
-Marty

leftyjay

Postby leftyjay » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:33 pm

thanks,

i am currently making the backing tracks for "fugitive" and "scratchin" and "taste of honey".

its hard to chart out the drums. i can figure out most of the guitar work, but the drums are difficult and take time to get them close.

and lastly "nutty" (as soon as i figure out the ending lead lick) i've played this song for years, but never learned the actual ending. i have made up my mind to learn this ending if it kills me :lol:

these mosrite guitars give me a different feel and sound and it helps the creative juices
Lefty Mosrite Original USA 65 Mark 1 Sunburst 2010
Lefty Mosrite Original USA 65 Mark 1 CAR 2013
Lefty Fillmore of Classics 65 Mark 1 Black 2006
Lefty Hallmark Custom 60 Pearl White 2012

Nokie
Top Producer

Postby Nokie » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:45 am

leftyjay wrote:thanks,

i am currently making the backing tracks for "fugitive" and "scratchin" and "taste of honey".

its hard to chart out the drums. i can figure out most of the guitar work, but the drums are difficult and take time to get them close.

and lastly "nutty" (as soon as i figure out the ending lead lick) i've played this song for years, but never learned the actual ending. i have made up my mind to learn this ending if it kills me :lol:

these mosrite guitars give me a different feel and sound and it helps the creative juices

The ending of Nutty as the Ventures play it can be seen at the end of this video. The Ventures harmonize it by playing the same part a full step up.

-Marty

Return to “Members' Music and Gigs”