Surfalicious Dudes @ Otto's Shrunken Head Tiki NYC 1/7/12

LewdDude

Re: Surfalicious Dudes @ Otto's Shrunken Head Tiki NYC 1/7/1

Postby LewdDude » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:33 pm

Edward Lopez wrote:
LewdDude wrote:
Finally, something happening in my neck of the woods! Make that neck of the skyscrapers! 8-) Temperature-wise it's supposed to be 51 during the day so it should be comfortable in the evening. I'll try to make it.

Thanks for coming out Ed! Sorry the time slots got shifted, but the band after us cancelled so we got moved into their slot! Hope you had a good time! Stewd really liked your mosrite bass!
*******Mosrite Forever 1988*******
*************M88 05488*************

Edward Lopez

Postby Edward Lopez » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:38 am

LewdDude wrote:
Edward Lopez wrote:
LewdDude wrote:
Finally, something happening in my neck of the woods! Make that neck of the skyscrapers! 8-) Temperature-wise it's supposed to be 51 during the day so it should be comfortable in the evening. I'll try to make it.

Thanks for coming out Ed! Sorry the time slots got shifted, but the band after us cancelled so we got moved into their slot! Hope you had a good time! Stewd really liked your mosrite bass!

Had a good time? I had a ball! :D I loved the way Stewd looked like he was really enjoying playing my bass and the sound coming out of it was just heavenly! 8-) Those round notes, oh my, to die for! Of course the three of you provided sounds that made it sound as if there was a larger group.

I don't know about you and the others as well as the audience as I'm sure no one wore ear plugs but when I left Otto's and went to wait at the bus stop I became aware that my hearing had been so affected by the sound level that I lost the high/middle frequencies but I could hear car ignitions as they approached and passed me! People talking sounded totally weird and I swear I could hear the other end of cell phone conversations! It was unreal. On top of that I waited one hour for the subway and platform filled up and the sounds emanating from all of those holding conversations. Whew, heavy! :o My Linda was so concerned when I explained what I was experiencing. :?

I took 80 photos of you guys (plus 2 of the opening act, just for the heck of it) plus 10 videos. I deleted some of the pictures, mostly of the dancers' backs! Got some great shot of you guys and the videos, while mostly obscured by, again, the dancers do show some fine playing. Unfortunately, I didn't get a full video of your last number because my batteries died in the middle of the tune and when I removed them they were warm! :o

A few minutes ago, I registered at Image Shack so that when I place the photos here they will be seen much bigger than from Flickr or PhotoBucket as they show up here too small to be appreciated. :( I'm sure you'll love 'em and will want to order copies! :lol:

I first have to process the photos thru Picasa and then upload them to ImageShack and finally here so give me some time to accomplish that. The wait'll be worth it.

I also walked away with a "prize" which I'll own with pride: a Surfalicious Dudes patch! :D

LewdDude

Postby LewdDude » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:26 am

Glad you had a blast! Sorry about the hearing loss...lol i'll get some photos up soon but unsteady already got some video! Its an original tune called wax my woody.

LewdDude

Postby LewdDude » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:24 pm

here is Ed's Mosrite Bass

This was a very cool evening! DAVE IMMERGLUCK (Couning Crows) was present, and came up after we were done and checked out the old mosrite M88! gave it a strum! He dugg it, and is now on the look out for one! ;-)

Edward Lopez

Postby Edward Lopez » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:17 am

This is the video I took of The Surfalicious Dudes playing Misirlou at Otto's Shrunken Head Tiki Bar and Lounge on Saturday, Jan. 7, 2012. I have 6 more videos which I'll add to YouTube but I gotta tell you this video took 2 hours and 15 minutes to upload! So the videos are going to take 12 hours! I shot the video using a Canon S3 IS DigiCam and while watching the video the quality suffered slightly although the footage is quite sharp.

Anyway, enjoy my version.

LewdDude

Postby LewdDude » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:13 am

I don't see anything? Can you post a direct link? I searched youtube as well and found nothing.

Thanx,

Lewd

LewdDude

Postby LewdDude » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:41 pm

never mind I can see it from my home iMac, just not with my phone and work pc... cool! Looks like stewed had a little chord malfunction...lol

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:42 pm

Ron, what actually is the story on the tune 'the Reefer?' I never heard that tune B4, but
I really like it. Do you know what group originally played and/or /wrote it???
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

LewdDude

Postby LewdDude » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:40 pm

Dennisthe Menace wrote:Ron, what actually is the story on the tune 'the Reefer?' I never heard that tune B4, but
I really like it. Do you know what group originally played and/or /wrote it???

Yours truly my friend! it was one of those cool moments at a surfalicious dudes practice! I was just playing that little riff while waiting for the drummer and bass player to get set up, and the drummer started in with that beat, and the bass followed! song was done in 10 minutes...lol

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:03 pm

Damm!!! That's Su-weeeet!!!!......VERY NICE!!! ;)
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Return to “Members' Music and Gigs”