CD release party Dec. 3 in Burbank--NOKIE EDWARDS!

Deke Dickerson
Top Producer

CD release party Dec. 3 in Burbank--NOKIE EDWARDS!

Postby Deke Dickerson » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:02 pm

Hi gang--

Thought I would give an early warning for a very cool show coming up. Some of you know that I have a band called VENTURESMANIA that pays tribute to mid-1960's Ventures music, and we often back up NOKIE EDWARDS of the Ventures at shows.

We have recorded a brand new album featuring Nokie, and I'm very proud of it--it really does sound like the great unreleased Ventures album from 1965!

The CD release party will be Dec. 3 at Joe's Great American Bar and Grill in Burbank, CA. NOKIE will play a headlining set of favorite Ventures tunes, we (Venturesmania) will open with tunes from the new CD, and there will be special guests galore! you don't want to miss this one. Admission is $15 with no advance ticket sales. The show will start around 9 pm.

The new album is called "BOUND AND SIDEJACKED AGAIN!" which any Mosrite fan will appreciate. Bonus for the Dec. 3 show, come see the display of vintage Mosrite guitars! If you're not there then you're square, man!

Deke

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Re: CD release party Dec. 3 in Burbank--NOKIE EDWARDS!

Postby Bob Shade » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:45 am

Sounds like a party Deke! Congrats on the new release, and what a fantastic band to tribute!

zarfnober
Top Producer

Postby zarfnober » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:54 pm

And if you can't make it to the show, check out the documentary "The Wild And Wonderful Whites Of West Virginia". Deke did the soundtrack and it's great! And the Whites? Watch and see :mrgreen:

Great job Deke!

Rocco
www.rockometeramp.com Vinatge spec American and British style cabs, custom cabs, recovers, regrills and restorations.

Edward Lopez

Postby Edward Lopez » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:04 pm

How I envy you, Deke. I lived in No. H'wood in the '80s, on Magnolia Blvd, and used to drive to Burbank quite regularly and passed Joe's.

Please have a friend take well-lit photos for us here on the East Coast (and worldwide, of course!) to savor.

Nokie
Top Producer

Postby Nokie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:16 pm

I'm there!
-Marty

Return to “Members' Music and Gigs”