Man or Astroman? 'Your Weight On The Moon' CD/LP reissue

overgroundrecords

Man or Astroman? 'Your Weight On The Moon' CD/LP reissue

Postby overgroundrecords » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:15 am

Overground Records started as a reissue label in 1988. However, I also had a keen interest in contemporary music and in 1993 heard John Peel play a track from an unknown band called Man or Astroman? from their debut EP 'Possession By Remote Control'. I asked various friends in USA but none had heard of them. Eventually I managed to get a copy of that single, loved it and asked the band if they'd like a UK release and they agreed and sent me the 'Mission Into Chaos' EP. I sent the EP to a few DJs who all played it and the band came and played a few dates in the UK to great success. That was the start of a long relationship between One Louder and MOAM?

To me the beauty of MOAM?s music was that they took their love of surf music and combined it with more contemporary influences, creating something new.

The band's guitarist Starcrunch played a Mosrite. They even had a track titled: Invasion Of The Dragonmen (Alternate Universe Mosrite Version). At the time, certainly in the UK it was extremely unusual to see a Mosrite and was quite a talking point.

MOAM? moved onto Epitaph and eventually called it a day in 2001. Since then they played ocassional one-off shows and more recently reformed and have begun touring and are recording new material.

Their entire One Louder catalogue had long been deleted, but out now again is their 1994 classic album 'Your Weight On The Moon' with nine bonus tracks taken from their EPs 'Mission Into Chaos' and 'Return To Chaos' on CD and as a limited edition picture disc on Overground Records.

A must for any collection!!

Dennisthe Menace

Re: Man or Astroman? 'Your Weight On The Moon' CD/LP reissue

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:20 am

BTW, Starcrunch (Brian) is a member here on the Forum ..... ;) .
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

overgroundrecords

Re: Man or Astroman? 'Your Weight On The Moon' CD/LP reissue

Postby overgroundrecords » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:28 am

To coincide with the reissue of 'Your Weight On The Moon' BBC 6 Music have repeated the first Peel session. You can listen to it in full on Gideon Coe's show, but the show is available online for only 7 days.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b015gp6t#segments

Return to “Members' Music and Gigs”