A Jam session to remember...a long, long time!

Gary67

Re: A Jam session to remember...a long, long time!

Postby Gary67 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:10 am

olrocknroller,
That is amazing! And it looked like you all had a great time! You look so relaxed! I would have been a wreck with Nokie sitting in! I have never met him :cry: , but from what I hear he is a very warm and easy going person. Great looking Hitchhiker you have there too! They are a great guitar! I have always wanted to ask Nokie if he ever takes out his old Mosrites and plays them anymore (at home!). Thank you very much for sharing! -Gary

olrocknroller
Top Producer

Postby olrocknroller » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:18 am

"That is amazing! And it looked like you all had a great time! You look so relaxed! I would have been a wreck with Nokie sitting in! I have never met him :cry: , but from what I hear he is a very warm and easy going person. Great looking Hitchhiker you have there too! They are a great guitar! I have always wanted to ask Nokie if he ever takes out his old Mosrites and plays them anymore (at home!). Thank you very much for sharing! -Gary"

You're entirely correct, Nokie is very easy to be around, but it is impossible to get over appreciating his lifelong devotion to music. He literally makes "magic" on any guitar you hand to him. He played one of my Hagstroms last year for nearly three hours, and I could not believe the sounds he could create with it. Unfortunately, I realized soon after he gave it back to me that the darned thing hadn't learned one lick from all that time! :cry:

As to Nokie's Mosrites, I don't think he has one any longer...he has reduced his collection several times, and what I have seen of it doesn't include a Mosrite. That doesn't mean he doesn''t have one tucked away somewhere; it just means I haven't seen it.
Olrocknroller

Gary67

Postby Gary67 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:42 pm

That is too funny about your Hagstrom!! :lol:
I am in such awe over Nokie's talent, you are very blessed to be his friend, and I would think he would say the same about being your friend too. Thanks so much again for sharing and responding to my post. -Gary

stl80
Top Producer

Postby stl80 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:32 am

Do you remember what model Hagstrom it was?
Jim

olrocknroller
Top Producer

Postby olrocknroller » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:01 am

stl80 wrote:Do you remember what model Hagstrom it was?
Jim

It was my Select Super Swede...

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc372/olrocknroller/IMG_1884.jpg
Olrocknroller

stl80
Top Producer

Postby stl80 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:20 am

Thanks.
Jim

Return to “Members' Music and Gigs”