my copy

jramonitos

Re: my copy

Postby jramonitos » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:21 pm

jOHNNY,
1) FIRST, CHECK TO SEE IF IT MIGHT BE SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AS MAYBE THE STRINGS ARE JUST TOO LOW....
2) If the height seems to be fine, check to see if the neck might be "too straight." All necks need to have some relief, otherwise, that little sucker will buzz like a cigar box full of Killer Bees :shock: .
3) If you think that's OK, then I would check to see if you have some frets that are sitting a little higher than the rest of the gang. If that's the case, this is where I would send up a White Flag, and wait for Dr Danny or Dr. Mel to respond......and THEY WILL. :mrgreen:[/quote]

ok cool thanks for the suggestions. i will do that later. i just assembled this last night. it is morning here in Cebu Philippines...

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:15 pm

jramonitos wrote:...i'm getting a buzzy sound when i strum it. do you guys have any suggestion?should i adjust the truss rod or file the fretwires perhaps? :geek:

Sight down the neck and look for straightness. It should be straight as an arrow. If not, then adjust the truss rod. If it has too much curvature, that can cause the strings to buzz or deaden the note. If the neck looks perfectly straight under the strings, then I would suspect that the frets need to be leveled with a flat file, leveling from one end of the neck to the other. But of course this will require redressing the frets. Try to locate exactly where you are getting the rattle or buzz. That will help determine the cure.
Danny Ellison

jramonitos

Postby jramonitos » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:58 am

hey Danny,

the neck is straight.i think i'm gonna have to do something with my fretwires. i'm thinking of buying a quality pick up to replace the one near the bridge. at our local music stores here. the branded ones cost like a fortune. i have to go check out ebay and see if i can score one...

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:20 pm

jramonitos wrote:hey Danny,

the neck is straight.i think i'm gonna have to do something with my fretwires. i'm thinking of buying a quality pick up to replace the one near the bridge. at our local music stores here. the branded ones cost like a fortune. i have to go check out ebay and see if i can score one...

Johnny, just remember, if the neck is 'TOO' straight, it can ALSO CAUSE buzzing.
The neck should have a VERY SMALL amount of relief to it in so that it will not buzz.. ;)
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Return to “Mosrite & Clone, Projects, Parts & Accessories Q&A”