my copy

jramonitos

Re: my copy

Postby jramonitos » Fri May 30, 2008 10:01 pm

KRamone27 wrote:Hey Johnny, sorry I haven't gotten back to you about the tracings but I've been out of town on business since tuesday. I'll send you some pics and measurements here tomorrow I gotta spend some time with the wife and kids and finish my in-laws deck that I'm building for them. L8r, Kevin

No problem Kev!
I've been busy with work as well. just give me the measurements tommorow if possible. i just wanna make sure if i have the right size of the blow up pictures while waiting for the tracing.
about the mosrite MarkI clone, The gus who'se making the guitar has to re-do the body because he made a mistake on the Pick up cavity. Instead of a slant near the neck, he made it straight...i know i promise to post some pics, i'll post a couple for the neck tommorow. :P

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:37 am

Hey Johnny, here's a pic of the tracings if you wanna have them blown up at the print shop there. Important note, the two black lines in the tracing on the right are exactly 12" inches apart. I'll try to get a neck tracing up on here when I get a chance. L8r, Kevin

jramonitos

Postby jramonitos » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:12 pm

hi kevin!

I can't read the measurements. here's the original picture that i used to get the exact size of the guitar... i based it on the exact measurement of the single coil pick up and blew it up from there. i'm having second thoughts to start the project because the picture that i inlarged is a a couple inches short in terms of the over all length and also the body if i compare it with a MARK I. I think somebody told me from the zamminc forum that Mark II is smaller compare to Mark I. i just wanna find out how small it is and if my blow up picture is right? If you or somone can give me informations about the overall measurements, the body width, the scale length and the headstock measurement of the MARK II that would be great! :idea: anybody?thanks.

-90-

Postby -90- » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:19 pm

KRamone27 wrote:Hey Johnny, here's a pic of the tracings if you wanna have them blown up at the print shop there. Important note, the two black lines in the tracing on the right are exactly 12" inches apart. I'll try to get a neck tracing up on here when I get a chance. L8r, Kevin

Man, we definitely need .pdf and .cad files of those puppies... I´ll talk to my architect brother and see if he can do a .cad based on a pdf or a jpg (large file, with a good definition) of those tracings
--------------------------------------------
Rodrigo "90" Kothe
http://www.myspace.com/cochabambas
http://gianninisupersonic.blogspot.com

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:06 pm

Yeah buddy see if you can do that

-90-

Postby -90- » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:02 pm

Could you post another pic of those tracings, with better definition? Couldn´t make out the dimensions on that one, I´m afraid. :oops:
Rodrigo "90" Kothe
http://www.myspace.com/cochabambas
http://gianninisupersonic.blogspot.com

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:13 pm

The measurements I came up with were as follows
Body thickness: 1- 5/8"
Control cavity depth: 1"
Pickup cavity depth: 1"
I used fender dimensions mixed with Mosrite dimentions for the neck pocket and scale
Neck pocket depth: 5/8"
Neck pocket width: 2- 1/8"
Neck pocket length: 3"
I'm going for a scale length of 24-3/4" with a radius of 9.5" or 10" or length or 25" scale
I'll post pics of the project as it progresses once I get motivated to start it again. I've just been way to busy building a deck for my in-laws, doing work on my house and family time mixed in there. L8r, Kevin

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:22 pm

I think... yeah I think I'm going to start building it this weekend. There seems to be enough interest generated to do a documented build of a Johnny Ramone Mosrite style guitar. That and I wanna do it anyway :D sorry if this is in the wrong thread

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:29 pm

KRamone27 wrote:I think... yeah I think I'm going to start building it this weekend. There seems to be enough interest generated to do a documented build of a Johnny Ramone Mosrite style guitar. That and I wanna do it anyway :D sorry if this is in the wrong thread

Hey Danny, there's an idea. Let's open up another Thread and call it "Guitar Projects."
Heaven only knows how many of us are building, are going to build, or already have built...
a Project..... :mrgreen: ......or is there such a Thread already....?? :oops:
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

jramonitos

Postby jramonitos » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:02 am

just an update. :P After i got out of work today i went to my friends guitar shop to check out the johnny ramone that he made for me. i'm happy to say that he was doing the cavity of the body. the arm is already finish and he told me that i can pick it up this weekend... i apologize by the way for not posting the pictures of the mark I copy because he messed up on the pick up cavity so he has to build another body... he'll do it after the johnnyramone copy....so hopefully he will start working on it by nextweek...

Return to “Mosrite & Clone, Projects, Parts & Accessories Q&A”