Toggle switch issue 1967 Mosrite Mark V

Diceophonic

Toggle switch issue 1967 Mosrite Mark V

Postby Diceophonic » Mon May 22, 2017 7:38 am

Hello, This is my 1st post. I own a 1967 Mosrite Mark V that I have owned for over 10 years now. Hopefully this is the right thread for this post :oops:

I am having issues with my toggle switch when engaged to neck pup it instantly slips or pops back into middle position on its own, when in bridge mode it's normal operation no slipping into middle position on its own just when in neck position only. I have never had this issue with my Mosrite till lately. It's the original toggle and I would hate to replace it. I have done searches on the web for this issue but no luck. Everything looks normal to me with the switch internally. Any advise or fix would be appreciated. Thank you

Kyle

panther
Top Producer

Re: Toggle switch issue 1967 Mosrite Mark V

Postby panther » Mon May 22, 2017 8:13 am

Just a guess, but make sure the switch has not rotated slightly and causing the spring lever to be hitting the edge of the pocket, preventing it from fully engaging into the lock position.
Dan
"The More People I Meet, The More I Miss My Dog"

Mr. Bill
Top Producer

Re: Toggle switch issue 1967 Mosrite Mark V

Postby Mr. Bill » Sat May 27, 2017 9:57 am

Check to see if the plastic tip of the actuator lever has a flat spot that doesn't allow the lever to lock into place. Sometimes you can rotate the plastic tip to get it to lock in better. Otherwise you will need to bend the metal contact portion of the switch leaf so that it will lock better.

Bending the leaf is not difficult, but as a warning, if you don't get it right, you may make it worse than it already is.

Return to “Mosrite & Clone, Projects, Parts & Accessories Q&A”