ANYONE HAVE A WIRING DIAGRAM FOR A BRASS RAIL DELUXE ?

Eric L

ANYONE HAVE A WIRING DIAGRAM FOR A BRASS RAIL DELUXE ?

Postby Eric L » Sun May 07, 2017 4:48 am

Hi I came across a brass rail deluxe #11 without an operators manual. Not exactly sure how it's supposed to work. Not sure if it's been modified. I get sound out of only one jack when plugged in to an amp. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

101Volts
Master Contributor

Re: ANYONE HAVE A WIRING DIAGRAM FOR A BRASS RAIL DELUXE ?

Postby 101Volts » Tue May 09, 2017 6:41 pm

Hi. Coming from the owner of Brass Rail Deluxe #10, have you installed a fresh 9V battery? I don't have a diagram but it would be a great idea to make one from my working model, no other guitar I know of has this.

- Austin
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

Eric L

Postby Eric L » Wed May 10, 2017 4:31 am

Hi Austin, yes I replaced the battery. I believe one output jack works fine I am able to switch between active and passive circuits, turn pick ups on and off, adjust volume and tone. It's the other output jack there is sound when plugged into it but at a very low volume. Thanks for your reply. Eric

Eric L

Postby Eric L » Wed May 10, 2017 7:54 am

Eric L

Postby Eric L » Thu May 11, 2017 7:01 am

After more experimentation I found that if I have two cords plugged into the jacks at the same time I would get an equal level of sound out of each channel ( all pots pulled out and their volumes set at the same levels ) depending on the position of the 3 way toggle ( toggle foreword - neck pick up sound 1 channel only ) ( toggle center- both pick ups sound both channels) ( toggle rear - bridge pickup sound 1 channel only ) But with a single cord it must be plugged into the foreword jack only. Does this sound correct for its operation ?

Mr. Bill
Top Producer

Postby Mr. Bill » Thu May 11, 2017 8:38 am

I've never seen the inside of one of those, but the description of how the two jacks work is typical of a stereo/mono output set-up. So, yes that does sound correct.

sumlin

Postby sumlin » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:45 am

That is possibly right - I had mine restored and set up in a similar way. If you plug into one output you get a standard 3-way Les Paul output (selector selects neck, bridge or both pickups) but if you plug into both the wiring means the 3 way is then out of the circuit and one output is for the neck, the other the bridge. If you only plug into that second output on its own you get nothing.

On the other hand - it might be broken beyond repair in which case you should send it to me...
Brass Rail #43
Acoustic Black Widow #BC1092
MkV #B735
Univox Hi Fliers, Tele Deluxes, Harmony Bobkats

Eric L

Postby Eric L » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:49 am

Hi on mine the 3 way toggle will function with one or both cords plugged in but it seems that there is a " master jack " where with only one cord plugged in it must be plugged into the forward facing output jack.

Return to “Mosrite & Clone, Projects, Parts & Accessories Q&A”