Kurokumo Locking Saddles Question

Picure

Kurokumo Locking Saddles Question

Postby Picure » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:03 am

Okay, I just received my Kurokumo Mosrite Super Custom today in my mail. I found it hard to stay in tune after using the whammy bar. Kurokumo saddles features locking roller saddles. Should I lock the saddles or should I let it roll freely?

Thanks!

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Re: Kurokumo Locking Saddles Question

Postby oipunkguy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:54 pm

The locking saddles is really to prevent the saddles buzzing against the bridge, it shouldn't have anything to do with tuning. You may just need to stretch out the strings more or use a different technique stringing it up at the headstock.
Cheers,
Aaron
Facebook.com/aarons.guitars

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

Picure

Postby Picure » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:12 am

oipunkguy wrote:The locking saddles is really to prevent the saddles buzzing against the bridge, it shouldn't have anything to do with tuning. You may just need to stretch out the strings more or use a different technique stringing it up at the headstock.

Cool, good to know. I actually fixed the problem by applying lube to all the string contact points. Now it stays in tune when using vibrato.

Thanks!

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:47 pm

Cool. Yeah I usually soak guitar metal parts in a mix of WD-40, lemon oil, and mineral spirits, when I do setups on my guitars. It helps prevent rust and keeps everything working as it should.
Cheers,
Aaron
Facebook.com/aarons.guitars

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

Picure

Postby Picure » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:01 pm

oipunkguy wrote:Cool. Yeah I usually soak guitar metal parts in a mix of WD-40, lemon oil, and mineral spirits, when I do setups on my guitars. It helps prevent rust and keeps everything working as it should.

For me, I use CLP

Return to “Mosrite & Clone, Projects, Parts & Accessories Q&A”