Combo bass bridge recommendations?

bumblebeetwist

Combo bass bridge recommendations?

Postby bumblebeetwist » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:50 am

I need a bridge for my combo bass, it has the original studs in place so I'm looking for either a vintage bridge or a modern-made one. Do the new units, such as on the Hallmarks, utilize the vintage stud spacing? Will those drop onto a 60's Mosrite? Of course I'd rather put a period bridge on this guitar but I can't go nuts on the budget and the intonation functionality and string spacing is more important to me than it being completely 'correct'.
Thanks in advance for the help and advice!

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Re: Combo bass bridge recommendations?

Postby Bob Shade » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:55 pm

We have replacement bass bridges that are just a tad wider in stud spacing. What you would need to do is dowel and re-drill. You will not see the dowel if done properly.

The bridge is $75.00 including studs. You can PM me for payment info if you are interested in one.
Best, Bob

gaz

Re: Combo bass bridge recommendations?

Postby gaz » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:08 pm

Hi there, I have some bridges made by me, which are correct for the period. Nickel plated brass, the only difference to original are 4mm intonation screws and acorn nuts instead of 6-32 thread. Should fit straight on but may need a bit of dremel or small round file work.I have them on 2 of my basses and they look original and work very well. post hole spacing is 2 1/2" string spacing is 9/16". Cheers gaz

Return to “Mosrite & Clone, Projects, Parts & Accessories Q&A”