Need help identifying a model

clintondan

Need help identifying a model

Postby clintondan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:52 pm

My older brother's first guitar is a Ventures I which he received in the late 60's. My dad (who bought the guitar and was a avid guitar collector also ) loved the guitar and began buying every one he found. Between my brother and myself we now own six. Dad picked up one in the early '80's cheap, it was ugly but played great. The guy we got it from told us it was a Ventures model but he broke the neck and ordered a replacement from Moserite in the late 470's and at the same time, sanded off the finish and sprayed it with clear to match the neck. A couple of years ago, I decided to have it painted and disassembled the guitar. While it was in pieces, someone broke into my shop and stole the body along with other items. I am looking for a replacement body to put the guitar back together for my son to learn on but I am not positive about the model. My pick guard is not white but is a sparkle deep red. The color matches the pick guard on my Celebrity. Does anyone know which solid body came with this? And if so, does anyone know where I can find a body?

panther
Top Producer

Re: Need help identifying a model

Postby panther » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:41 pm

You need to post photos of what you have left.

Dan
"The More People I Meet, The More I Miss My Dog"

cal0101

Postby cal0101 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:54 pm

I just wanted to say that I am sorry that the body was stolen and that I hope that you get it back.
My 1960 Euro spec VW beetle ragtop

clintondan

Postby clintondan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:45 am

Thanks for the concern but the body has been gone for nearly ten years now. The thieves that took it probably had no idea what it was, they just raked it off of a shelf into a box. More than likely it ended up in a burn pile. Oddly enough, someone broke into my current shop a year ago and while stealing lots of other items, opened the case with the rest of the pieces in it and left it. They stole a $30 shop vac, $50 drills, etc.. but left a Mosrite neck, pickups, Vibramute and the rest. Also, I will take pictures of the rest of the guitar shortly. It is all in storage and I haven't had time to pull it out. I also have a few pictures of it when it was still together, I'll try to find them and post it also.

Return to “Mosrite & Clone, Projects, Parts & Accessories Q&A”