Cheap Mosrite-ish spun knobs

chad3006

Cheap Mosrite-ish spun knobs

Postby chad3006 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:59 am

I found some Mosrite-ish metal knobs on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J3G2JQ0/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1412949186&sr=1&keywords=metal+guitar+knobs. They are certainly not exact copies, but if you're building a clone on a budget like me, they're “close enough.” I got some myself in order to check 'em out. They're made in China (no surprise there), but seem to be of pretty good quality. I just took the O ring off and I think they will work just fine. I'm not connected with the seller of the knobs in any way, I just though other might be interested.

Curly

Re: Cheap Mosrite-ish spun knobs

Postby Curly » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:01 pm

I bought these same knobs till I can find / afford knobs for my 65 ventures bass. If you take off the lower "o" ring and drill with a #43 drill bit in the channel for the "o" ring thru till the potentiometer shaft hole you can then tap it for 4-40 pitch set screw. Then drill out the potentiometer shaft hole (ends up you drill out all the bumbs) to size of potentiometer shaft (mine was 1/4"). The set screw holds the knob to the shaft and you trim it to the right length so that you can slip the "o" ring back on and the whole deal is solid and invisible and only you know how to take the knobs of.

slapshot

Postby slapshot » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:45 am

Yeah these have been on eBay for years. They used to be $2. Bargain :D

cmiller0034
Top Producer

Postby cmiller0034 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:58 am

Great find! Thanks i just found and purchased some for my next project. 8-)
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."- a wise man

Return to “Mosrite & Clone, Projects, Parts & Accessories Q&A”