MOSRITE BASS RESTORATION ISSUES

sycamoregrove

MOSRITE BASS RESTORATION ISSUES

Postby sycamoregrove » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:27 pm

I have two basses, a Ventures two pickup and a Combo. The neck of the Combo came with a broken truss rod, which with great effort I was finally able to remove. Since it was so hard to extract I wonder if it might not have been the original. Anyway, I must now locate a replacement, but I'm not sure where to find the proper length and style of trussrod. Standard 'bass' trussrods from Luthier's Mercantile would likely be much too long for this 32' scale length neck, while 'guitar' rods would be too short.

I tried asking Bob Shade, since Hallmark sells Mosrite style basses. . .but he just suggested LM.

Any ideas?

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Re: MOSRITE BASS RESTORATION ISSUES

Postby Bob Shade » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:13 am

I have always found what I need there at LM, but here is another idea for you. Purchase a rod that is too long (get the single action rod) and cut it to your desired length at the front of the rod, then take it to your local welding shop and re weld the end. This will give you the exact size rod you need and you can make the rod any length you wish.

Best,

Bob

Mr. Bill
Top Producer

Re: MOSRITE BASS RESTORATION ISSUES

Postby Mr. Bill » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:55 pm

How is the original one broken? Was it over tightened and broken where the threads end?

Return to “Mosrite & Clone, Projects, Parts & Accessories Q&A”