Unique Mosrite build

JBPhoto

Re: Unique Mosrite build

Postby JBPhoto » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:28 am

Here's a link to my blog about this build if any of you would like to follow the progress! I didn't really want to keep posting photos in a million places (Facebook, blog, forums, etc) so i just made the blog and have been sharing that link... that said... THIS time, i'll share a couple of photos of the progress... over the weekend I got the binding done on the body. Took about 5 hours of scraping and sanding to get it down flush and looking great!

http://www.mymosrite.blogspot.com

JBPhoto

Postby JBPhoto » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:58 pm

Hey guys... some updated photos for you. The body is sanded and the binding is done. It turned out really well I think. Also, i was able to get a New, old stock roller bridge and a new, unused 1960s Vibramute! Couldn't be more excited about that!

coming along nicely!

JBPhoto

Postby JBPhoto » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:13 am

I haven't posted any pix in a while but the Mosrite is almost done. I hope to get the neck back from Hallmark Guitars where Bob Shade is screen printing the original headstock logo from the original silkscreens early next week. Then I just have a clear the headstock then buff it out. Take a minute to visit the blog for lots more photos of the progress

http://www.mymosrite.blogspot.com/

Here's a pic after scraping the binding. I have since done a little clean up around the binding and clear coated, sanded and buffed the body!

Return to “Mosrite & Clone, Projects, Parts & Accessories Q&A”