My Mosrite MkII clone!

moscarabino

Re: My Mosrite MkII clone!

Postby moscarabino » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:39 pm

Oh God I was so close and there are changes now :P thanks for the info Rocco! I really appreciate it, can you explain me a little bit better how's the tone knob wiring? I'm just about to rewire all my guitar :)

Thank you both guys!
Mosca Rabino.

moscarabino

Postby moscarabino » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:38 pm

zarfnober wrote:and another thing while we're on the subject of Johnny's guitar; get a pickup from hallmark for the bridge, you'll be much closer to the sound.

thanks for the help Rocco, I'd proudly buy a Hallmark pickup to get the Ramones sound, but there are two problems.
First of all I've already bought an FS-1 pickup by Dimarzio.
Second, I'm from Argentina, and here Hallmark pickups doesn't even exist, I should by one from the USA and that means at least 6 times the original price.

Aaron, up to you, I've finally bought the 3 pos. switchcraft by DiMarzio too, same I showed in an early post, I think connection is same as we saw before, right? :)

Rocco back to you, if you can help me with that tone pot rewiring, I'll be ready to get the job done, all parts are in my power! :)

Thank you so much guys for your help I couldn't do or understand anything without your help! :) :)
Mosca Rabino.

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:28 pm

i don't know for sure, but you might be able to order a mark II pickup from bob shade directly. at any rate let us know how the mod turns out. good luck!
Cheers,
Aaron
Facebook.com/aarons.guitars

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

moscarabino

Postby moscarabino » Sat May 26, 2012 6:58 pm

Hello friends, I've changed my mosrite wiring thanks to your help, and I've recorded a rehearsal, with a "100 MG Marshall" (the Vietnam series) and I think somethings missing, but it's working pretty well :D, I like the results, thank you very much for your help, and here's the link where you can listen a little bit, cya guys :D

http://www.purevolume.com/therabinos

the songs recorded with the new wiring are " 7-11, I'm not an answer, sleeping troubles and I got a lot to say" hope you enjoy it! :D
Mosca Rabino.

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Tue May 29, 2012 2:58 am

Nice work! now you just need a bassist and a singer. :D too bad I don't live closer, I'd love to fill in ;)
Cheers,
Aaron
Facebook.com/aarons.guitars

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

Return to “Mosrite & Clone, Projects, Parts & Accessories Q&A”