hardprom, bluebill & LtDave's Leo Tribute

hardprom

Re: hardprom, bluebill & LtDave's Leo Tribute

Postby hardprom » Fri May 28, 2010 8:19 pm

Because I've received multiple inquiries as to how this project is progressing, the answer is, slowly, but surely. Bill expects to be able to make significant progress over the Memorial Day weekend, but here are some shots he sent me back on the 16th right after he'd finished with the binding on the fretboards. Enjoy! Much more to come.

Image Image Image
(Don't ever leave a harp on the top of your amp or the faeries will have it.)

hardprom

Postby hardprom » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:54 pm

Bill sent me a couple of pictures the other day after he'd glued the fingerboards to the necks. I didn't ask him, but I'll assume he doesn't mind me posting them here.

Here are a couple of pictures. The pencil lines are my trim lines.

Truss Rod end.

I still need to clean it up and round the edges. but she is looking like a guitar!

In addition, here is a photo of the bridge on the 12-string side, for which I want to once again thank Ed Elliott...

Ed was kind enough to send me enough roller saddles for me to mix and match and put together a complete set to put in the bridge deck I already had waiting. I had to do a small amount of modifying to the deck, but not too much, thankfully. The roller saddles, being something like 45-year-old-parts were in need of a good cleaning. I took the suggestions I found in another thread ("Cleaning up and freeing up the rollers on a bridge?") in this forum and soaked the saddles in 1) WD40, then 2) Marvel Mystery Oil and finally 3) Liquid Wrench...after awhile they lossened up a lot and they're a free-wheeling bunch right now, just waiting to hear that Bill is ready for me to ship them out. So I owe a thank you to those folks who posted those roller saddle cleaning tips...

And yeah...a big "Thank you!" to Ed Elliott for his help and for going the extra mile when the original shipment got lost in transit.

There'll be more as work progresses.
Image Image Image

oigun
Top Producer

Postby oigun » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:21 am

That looks great!!

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:50 am

Amazing pictures...of amazing workmanship! And the roller saddles look brand new now. Good job guys! ;)

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:49 am

Looking great!
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

hardprom

Postby hardprom » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Wow! it's been awhile...summertime is a very busy time for those of us involved in this project, but I just got a call from bluebill scolding me to check my email...here's what I found...the Meadowlark is beginning to breathe!

Fantastic! At least to me. What a charge it is to see this guitar looking so much like an actual guitar! It's my hope that Bill will rejoin us in the near future and go through all of the ins and outs that got us to this point, but in the meantime here are the photos. Obviously, the 6-string neck needs to be shaped, the headstocks aren't trimmed down to size yet, Bill still has to cast the tailpiece/tremolo, and we're in need of a wiring diagram for this beast. Also, the pickups, which were supposed to be replacements for the P90s that Mosrite used, have surrounds that are just a touch wider than the originals, so Bill's gonna do a bit of creating in order to get that worked out, but darn, I'm excited. Can you tell?

So, that's where the Meadowlark sits tonight...progress is being made...Now, does anyone here have the wiring diagram for the Maphis doubleneck, or a link to where one might be found?

Thanks, Mike
Image Image Image

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:43 am

Not sure if this link will help but here it is anyway...
:arrow: http://home.insightbb.com/~marksma/wsb/ ... html-.html
Thanks for sharing the pictures of the doubleneck, so far 8-)

bluebill

Postby bluebill » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:54 pm

Thanks Mike for posting the pics. Now for the fun part. With the neck screws they will be covered with a neck plate that Mike has made. The pick up surrounds will be made and fitted to the guitar and then the pick guard started.
I really need the schematic for the wireing for the doubleneck. The link that Veenture posted won't take me to the schematics. I think Mike should just grow another arm and we'll hook up all the PUP's for full time use. ;)

hardprom

Postby hardprom » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:05 pm

Here are a couple more photos...I asked Bill if he'd send me a more straight-on photo, and I thought I'd share what he sent...

Image Image
Image Image Image

brutus
Top Producer

Postby brutus » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:05 am

Hey, How we doing with this?

Return to “Mosrite & Clone, Projects, Parts & Accessories Q&A”