hardprom, bluebill & LtDave's Leo Tribute

hardprom

Re: hardprom, bluebill & LtDave's Leo Tribute

Postby hardprom » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:46 pm

Hi, brutus...I spoke with Bill last night. He says that he's re-cut the body due to a couple of things that he didn't like in the previous one, and he's also reworked the necks. He says he'll have some photos to post on Monday or Tuesday, and he also tells me I'll be surprised and encouraged by the progress he's made.
His father has gotten a case started, so I'll include a photo of the (previous) doubleneck in the unfinished case.

Image Image

My band is booked to play at a John Lennon celebration/tribute show on December 8th, and since I'll need both 12 and 6-string guitars that night, Bill's frantically pushing to have the Meadowlark ready to be debuted that night. If that's how it goes, we should be seeing a lot of photos in the next few weeks.
Image Image Image
(Don't ever leave a harp on the top of your amp or the faeries will have it.)

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:47 pm

Looking good! I bet someone is getting excited. ;)
Danny Ellison

hardprom

Postby hardprom » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:17 am

That's an understatement! I can't wait to get my hands on it.

More to come, soon!
Image Image Image
(Don't ever leave a harp on the top of your amp or the faeries will have it.)

bluebill

Postby bluebill » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:30 pm

I can't believe it's been 7 years for this. I'm happy to report that after life taking over and other delays the double neck is finished. Now I just have to remember how to post pics and it'll be shown. I poured my version of the Vibramute and when we strung it up she sits perfect. I'll see if I can get the pic. posts.

bluebill

Postby bluebill » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:48 pm

bluebill

Postby bluebill » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:51 pm

bluebill

Postby bluebill » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:54 pm

This Sunday Hardprom gets his hands on it and it's first concert is April 14 in Idaho. Gerry and the Dreambenders is the band. Now to figure out what project to use the other 4 vibramutes I made.

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:49 am

Looks great! Hope yours isn't as neck heavy as the one I built.

Just curious, without going back through and rereading all these post, what took so long for it to be completed?
Danny Ellison

hardprom3

Postby hardprom3 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:24 pm

Hi, dubtrub...sorry it took so long to respond, but for some reason my old handle or password (maybe both) simply didn't work here anymore, so I've had to re-register with a slightly changed handle...

To answer your question fully, I'd feel like maybe I'd be violating some personal confidences, so let's just say that "life" got in the way for quite a while...for my part it was in large part a 3 1/2 year battle my wife had to endure with breast cancer...

But I can't say enough good things about all the hard work and attention to detail that bluebill has put in to this guitar...and the fabulous paint job that our mutual friend Dale Fortune put on it...

Back on page one of this thread I detailed what it took to get this underway as well as my reasons for wanting/needing it in the first place. It's been a very long process, but it looks to have been worth every second.

I've held the uncompleted "Meadowlark" in my hands a couple of times, but haven't touched the finished guitar yet. However, everyone who has reports that it's fabulous. Bill tells me it weighs in at 13 lbs, which puts it in Les Paul territory, and I can live with that...surprisingly little 'neck-dive' is what I'm hearing as well...so perhaps the decision to go with mini-Grovers was a good one...

In addition to Bill and Dale, I should probably acknowledge the help with locating pieces and parts I received early on from Ed Elliott, Bob Shade, the gang at Front Porch Music in Bakersfield and this Mosrite forum in general which was how I got connected with those folks in the first place. I think that at least visually, the result stands as evidence that their efforts helped produce a fine result...

As Bill said, I'll get my hands on it this coming Sunday for the first time, and I'll be back home with it on Wednesday...we'll put it through its paces for the first time in public on Saturday, April 15th...I know it's a long shot, but if any of you happen to be in the Boise, Idaho area on that date, come watch the big 'reveal'...we start at noon at High Desert Harley-Davidson's annual "Kickstart Party"...and if you do stop by, please come say hello...

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Congratulations - that's a beautiful guitar, and a project well done!
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

Return to “Mosrite & Clone, Projects, Parts & Accessories Q&A”