I got bored

KRamone27
Master Contributor

I got bored

Postby KRamone27 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:11 pm

I built this little guy from stuff I had in my shed minus the pre built amp chassis. My mother in law works at a thrift store and she often sees musical stuff come in that she might think I like so she got me this. It's a first act guitar amp which has a ground moving 2w of power :D and it came with the factory cabinet which had no speaker. Me not wanting to just throw it away I used what I had to make it work. I had some stock speakers from my Nissan Sentra that I had left over from upgrading them, some 1/2" plywood and some drywall screws and a little creativity. The nissan speaker would not fit the factory cabinet so I had to build one. It actually sounds pretty good clean but has no get up with the distortion. The only investment I have in this thing is a $3 can of bloss black spray paint. L8r, Kevin

Dennisthe Menace

Re: I got bored

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:06 pm

KRamone27 wrote:I built this little guy from stuff I had in my shed minus the pre built amp chassis. My mother in law works at a thrift store and she often sees musical stuff come in that she might think I like so she got me this. It's a first act guitar amp which has a ground moving 2w of power :D and it came with the factory cabinet which had no speaker. Me not wanting to just throw it away I used what I had to make it work. I had some stock speakers from my Nissan Sentra that I had left over from upgrading them, some 1/2" plywood and some drywall screws and a little creativity. The nissan speaker would not fit the factory cabinet so I had to build one. It actually sounds pretty good clean but has no get up with the distortion. The only investment I have in this thing is a $3 can of bloss black spray paint. L8r, Kevin

Hey Kevin, How the heck can you go wrong with that?!?!? And you only got $3 invested in it?!?!?
That's a nice little Set-up if you ain't got a SMALL practice amp in the House!! It beats the heck
out of having to go "chase down Big Bertha" everytime you just wanna practice......
Next Project???? REVERB! :mrgreen:
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:22 am

Pretty clever use of some old stuff, Kevin. Are you gonna have to put wheels on it. :lol:
Danny Ellison

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:24 am

No but I thought about putting some flames on the side though In the mean time I took a couple moments to add some grill cloth and put the name badge on because it looked kinda bland without them. I also added a back panel.

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:05 pm

Looks nice Kevin. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to seeing your guitar projects. Keep us posted.
Danny Ellison

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:54 pm

I got the wood for the Johnny ramone style mark 2 today I just gotta have a friend plane it down to final thickness and then I'll start shaping this weekend hopefully I'll be able to use this amp on my work bench to test repairs on circuits.

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:38 am

KRamone27 wrote:No but I thought about putting some flames on the side though In the mean time I took a couple moments to add some grill cloth and put the name badge on because it looked kinda bland without them. I also added a back panel.

So uhmmm..... Where's the Flames????Image
:mrgreen:

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:11 am

Sorry for the late reply dennis I've been out of town for work since tuesday. I haven't found any flame stickers I like yet and I don't have the artistic ability to free hand them. I might just put a few punk rock stickers on it and call it good. :)

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:47 am

KRamone27 wrote:Sorry for the late reply dennis I've been out of town for work since tuesday. I haven't found any flame stickers I like yet and I don't have the artistic ability to free hand them. I might just put a few punk rock stickers on it and call it good. :)

B4 you put "Spear Brittney" stickers on it, maybe check with a Hobby Shop for the Flame Decals??

p.s. J/K about the Spear Brittneystickers, well, wait a second, no I'm not!........ :mrgreen:

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:32 am

KRamone27 wrote:B4 you put "Spear Brittney" stickers on it, maybe check with a Hobby Shop for the Flame Decals??

How the heck did you know I had those!!! :o I saw some kick @$$ stickers at this truck stop I thought about getting one was a sexy angel and a sexy devil. If I could find some sexy Brittany stickers I would not be ashamed to slap em on there.

Return to “Mosrite & Clone, Projects, Parts & Accessories Q&A”