M3 pickups

jaguarecho

Re: M3 pickups

Postby jaguarecho » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:58 am

Hi I've an Excellente by Kurokumo

I've mounted Ed Elliot pickup, see http://mosriteforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5741

It sounds very well, but I haven't possibility to compare those with M3 or original pickup

Second question - If your original pickup have lost that tone, I would recomended a re-magnetize your pickup
I've made this work to my original pickup from a 1962 Olimpic White Jaguar because they have lost that correct sound and now after that intervention, they have that original sound

Hope this help you

Cheers

raygun85
Top Producer

Re: M3 pickups

Postby raygun85 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:47 am

Gaussing the magnets will definitely breath new life into your pickup if its sounding weak or underpowered. But its going to be difficult, if not impossible, to do it with the magnets still in the pickup because like poles are facing each other. The only way to do it correctly is to remove the magnets from the pickup, which is pretty delicate work. We've done it many times and, believe me, all it takes is a little slip and you could ruin the coil.
How dare you presume to inject, using reproducible facts and rational thought, an on-topic discussion into a thread that had degenerated from sarcasm, personal invective, and hand-waving arguments?

Return to “Mosrite & Clone, Projects, Parts & Accessories Q&A”