My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

101Volts
Master Contributor

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Postby 101Volts » Sat May 17, 2014 5:57 pm

I thought I'd post a little thing about this here in case anyone visiting hasn't heard about it.

This TV show is about cartoon Ponies - Earth Ponies, Unicorns, Pegasi and Alicorns - And it's about the characters learning about friendship. On the tenth of October 2010, The first episode of this TV show was aired and within the next ten days someone posted an article about how animation was changing by going to flash animations and used this TV show as an example. People then went to watch it and bash it but liked it and BAM, A fandom like the one for Star Trek (Fans of which calling themselves "Trekkies" or "Trekkers") was born pretty fast; In this case, Many people call themselves "Bronies" (Combining the words "Bro" + "Pony.") And some call themselves "Pegasisters," And some just say "I just like the TV show and don't want to be labeled."

There have been four seasons and a movie made so far and the TV show is popular among young men and women, Many who (myself included) Had no idea we would like this sort of thing because "Oh come on, We men are not supposed to like that! We're not girls!" Really, I was reluctant before I watched the first episode that night on the first of August 2011. Then, EIGHT EPISODES LATER AT ABOUT 2 AM...

"I FEEL ALIVE!"

I haven't looked back and do want to keep going with life here. :lol: I did have an avatar of one of the background characters who is commonly associated as the town drunk among fans, And I have also posted some MLP images on here but this is the first thread about it.

... This is not a small fandom, BTW. There are literally over 600,000 images of it on one site alone, And some are direct from the TV show but a lot is fan-made art and the fans have been charitable too - There are frequently charity drives in the fandom.

- Austin
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

101Volts
Master Contributor

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Postby 101Volts » Sat May 17, 2014 6:41 pm

On subject of fan-made art:

(It's a cartoon, So there's a lot to work with like having a Cello-Playing Earth Pony...)

I'll leave it at that for now.

- Austin

Greg_L
Top Producer

Postby Greg_L » Sun May 18, 2014 1:58 pm

I don't judge people for their personal tastes, sexual preference, etc, but bronies might the worse than juggalos. :lol: :lol:

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Sun May 18, 2014 5:34 pm

Greg_L wrote:I don't judge people for their personal tastes, sexual preference, etc, but bronies might the worse than juggalos. :lol: :lol:

Depends on the Brony and what is "Worse." Some just want a family thing, Some go to other stuff and there are without a doubt people who just do it as a temporal attention-getting thing. There's a documentary on Netflix just titled "Bronies" if you want to watch it.

... Sometimes people Cosplay as characters and at times it can make sense...

... Other times people do it for God knows what.

Admittedly, Not all the people who are into the show are 18-35 year old Men and a lot of them just browse Youtube videos yet. But there are a lot of Artists, Musicians and there are even Online Talk-Shows with appearances from Voice Actors and Actresses.

And I haven't seen one Pony drawing with a Mosrite guitar in it yet, Outside of imagining it.

- Austin

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Sun May 18, 2014 6:21 pm

Tum te tum tum...

If you thought Doctor Who wasn't going to have a cross-over, Well, It did. Actually, Doctor Who here (On the right) appeared in the actual show and so has the background character on the left, Who is named Roseluck.

- Austin

cmiller0034
Top Producer

Postby cmiller0034 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:03 pm

Yeah, Patrick O'connor from the Surf band the Madeira started his own Pony themed band with his wife. I think its a little weird but people seem to like it. More power to em'

The Shakeups FB page
https://www.facebook.com/theshakeupsinponyville?pnref=story
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."- a wise man

Return to “Off Topic”