A Hearty Farewell from Paul

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: A Hearty Farewell from Paul

Postby dubtrub » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:18 pm

Paul, you have always been a great asset to the Mosrite forum family and will be missed. I understand your reason for departure as I am 67 and can relate to your feelings. As we grow older we are more aware that our best days are behind us and our remaining days are numbered and must make the most of each and everyone of them.

As for the forum, about a year ago my son Duane, bowed out and turned the forum internet sever over to Mel, who is now the sole forum owner. I stayed on as an administrator but I rarely participate anymore. As they say, all good things come to an end.

I would like to say that I truly enjoyed your internet friendship these past few years and wish you all the best. May our paths cross again someday!

Danny
Danny Ellison

Mr. Bill
Top Producer

Postby Mr. Bill » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:49 pm

I am sorry to hear that you are leaving us. Your posts here were thoughtful, funny and informative.

I hope that you are happy and healthy in all that you do.

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:15 am

MWaldorf wrote:Paul,

Thank you for sharing your time with us for the past few years. I've always looked forward to your posts, written with warmth and humor.

We will miss you, but remember the door is always open should you ever decide to pop by.

Best wishes to you, and may your walk be long and lovely.

Best,
Mel

My dear Mel, thank you for such kind words. I have always enjoyed your posts too. You're such a clever man with all those pickup configurations that you can understand and can 'mess around' with! I salute you.

How are your two bright girls doing on the guitar? Can they play Hava Nagila together at breakneck speed already? :D
Wishing you and your family all the very best. Mazzeltoff!

-Paul

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:35 am

dubtrub wrote:Paul, you have always been a great asset to the Mosrite forum family and will be missed. I understand your reason for departure as I am 67 and can relate to your feelings. As we grow older we are more aware that our best days are behind us and our remaining days are numbered and must make the most of each and everyone of them.

As for the forum, about a year ago my son Duane, bowed out and turned the forum internet sever over to Mel, who is now the sole forum owner. I stayed on as an administrator but I rarely participate anymore. As they say, all good things come to an end.

I would like to say that I truly enjoyed your internet friendship these past few years and wish you all the best. May our paths cross again someday!

Danny

Danny, you write so well, thank you for your heartfelt words. It has been a great pleasure for me to have met you and I've enjoyed reading all of your posts. Under your watch, you've kept everything together and 'policed' well, keeping the show clean. [to other readers: you didn't want to mess with this dude, folks! :D ] . I'm glad to know that Mel is managing things and that it's in good hands.
I also thank you for the solid advice you have given me on occasion, on some private matters, as well as forum related.

I wish you and your family good health and happiness, and keep on pickin' that Surf guitar o' yours, be it a Mosrite or Other-rite ;)

-Paul

GattonFan
Master Contributor

Postby GattonFan » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:26 am

Paul, You - along with many of the members of this forum - have been a staple of my days, as I read through the posts. I am shocked, and sorry that you must leave, but may God be with you in all you do. Hard to explain how life passes so quickly - Enjoy every day.
Dennis
So many guitars; So little time ..

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:39 am

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Paul, I saw this post yesterday as I was leaving to play a private party gig and was kind of :shock: :shock: :shock: . I'm lost for words :? ,
and the Forum Family will surely miss you and your contributions that you have added over the years. What else can be
said that other members have not already said? Maybe further down this Journey of yours, you might discover that there
can be room for what you believe in, and maybe a Forum Family or two :mrgreen: , but only you can decide and make that decision.
I've been kind of absent the last few months and have been trying to check in now and then due to my health issues with my
Mom, so this came as a shock when I saw your posting. Paul, again not to repeat myself, but I'm going to anyways........
You will be sorely missed in this Family, and I/WE wish you and your love ones the very best in happiness, love and health....... :)
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:51 am

GattonFan wrote:Paul, You - along with many of the members of this forum - have been a staple of my days, as I read through the posts. I am shocked, and sorry that you must leave, but may God be with you in all you do. Hard to explain how life passes so quickly - Enjoy every day.
Dennis

Thank you for those sincere comments, Dennis. i'ts been equally great meeting you! I shall not be forgetting my Mosrite Forum pals. God bless you too and keep on enjoying the music.

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:02 pm

Dennisthe Menace wrote::cry: :cry: :cry:
Paul, I saw this post yesterday as I was leaving to play a private party gig and was kind of :shock: :shock: :shock: . I'm lost for words :? ,
and the Forum Family will surely miss you and your contributions that you have added over the years. What else can be
said that other members have not already said? Maybe further down this Journey of yours, you might discover that there
can be room for what you believe in, and maybe a Forum Family or two :mrgreen: , but only you can decide and make that decision.
I've been kind of absent the last few months and have been trying to check in now and then due to my health issues with my
Mom, so this came as a shock when I saw your posting. Paul, again not to repeat myself, but I'm going to anyways........
You will be sorely missed in this Family, and I/WE wish you and your love ones the very best in happiness, love and health....... :)

I'm starting to get a bit emotional too, now. I have enjoyed all of your posts, Dennis, always accompanied by a joke or a humerous remark.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom, I hope those health issues can all be solved.
I offer you my best sentiments, stay well, friend Dennis.

-Paul

sleeperNY
Top Producer

Postby sleeperNY » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:18 am

Paul, this is the first I have been here in a number of days. I am sad to see you go but do understand. Many of your posts have lightened up my day. I wish you all the best in the coming years.

Jim
Gretsch-6122-58
Gretsch-6122-59
Gretsch-6120-vs-55
NOS Partsright Mosrite by Jim
Hallmark 60 Custom
Fender Twin Custom 15 Fender Tone Master Twin
Fender Bassman 59 LTD
Peavey Delta Blues
Korg AX3000G

SanchoPansen
Top Producer

Postby SanchoPansen » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:06 am

It is really sad to see you go! You were the first person to reply to posts (also my initial post)...always friendly and helpful.
Stay the way you are! You always meet twice in life anyways! Tot ziens! (Is that correct?)

Return to “Off Topic”