A Hearty Farewell from Paul

Veenture
Master Contributor

A Hearty Farewell from Paul

Postby Veenture » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:44 am

My dear friends, fellow Mosrite fans, the time has come for me to cancel all of my memberships on the Internet, which means having to include this fine group and also my YouTube Channel, dedicated to The Ventures - ["Veenture1"].

We aren't getting any younger (I'm 68) and I wish to spend my remaining years that may be granted me, aiming for a closer walk with my No. 1 hero, the Saviour Jesus Christ (I'm in good health but trust me, I need that walk). Know that I have not suddenly become any sort of religious freak, nor fanatic. Have you turned on the latest news lately? I think I don't need remind anyone that our World is ever getting darker but it's also my belief God's hand is also drawing closer, at the same time.

A BIG thanks to the 'Chairman of The Board', Danny [dubtrub] :P and his wonderful Mosrite team; Duane [Danny's son - doing his bit behind the scenes!] :o , Mel [that Meshugga 3-pickup guy] ;) , Dennis […what a 'Menace'!] :mrgreen: and others whom I may have left out :oops: , for running such a splendid 8-) show for such a long time already, and for having me [applause…for them]. (I had planned to only give my review on my newly bought Hallmark 60 Custom guitar but I lingered a bit longer.... :roll: .... :mrgreen:

I certainly have enjoyed all of you fellow fans' company during my stay here; hope you have enjoyed some of my humble contributions also. I shall remain thinking of y’all!

Well then, [sniff, sniff… :( ] I bid everyone a sincere good-bye (derived from "God be with you"!) to you all.
Wishing you Happy Christmas Holidays, fare thee well, my lovely-s. ;)

Paul van der Veen

PS. I'm staying 'on the air' for a couple more days, so signing off won't be too abrupt.

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Re: A Hearty Farewell from Paul

Postby Bob Shade » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:49 am

You will be missed Paul. You have been a wonderful contributor and friend, and the type of member that makes a forum a nice place to be.

Best wishes on your jourmey and I hope you find all life has to offer you.

All the best for the holidays to you and your loved ones.

Keep picking,

Bob Shade

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:55 am

Bob Shade wrote: Keep picking,

Bob Shade

Absolutely, Bob!
How appropriate that you should be the first person to respond! Your Hallmark product brought me here!
Thank you for such a rich compliment and the kind words.

Has it already been said that Bob Shade offers the finest of geetars and the best bang for the buck! :o ... 8-)

Good luck running that fine business o' yours, Bob.

I wish you the same sentiments for the holiday season,

Paul

olrocknroller
Top Producer

Postby olrocknroller » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:56 am

Via con Dios! You will be missed, my online friend!

olrocknroller
Olrocknroller

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:47 am

olrocknroller wrote:Via con Dios! You will be missed, my online friend!

olrocknroller
Thank you kindly. And keep on playin' all of them geetars o' yours, good buddy :D

-Paul

zarfnober
Top Producer

Postby zarfnober » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:23 pm

So, our ONE member from the Netherlands is parting ways? I remember when William Gaines was alive and still running Mad Magazine. A subscriber in a small foreign country( I forget which one ) cancelled his subscription, Gaines flew the entire crew down to get him to change his mind :D

Wishing you the best, take care.

Rocco
www.rockometeramp.com Vinatge spec American and British style cabs, custom cabs, recovers, regrills and restorations.

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:45 pm

zarfnober wrote:A subscriber in a small foreign country( I forget which one ) cancelled his subscription, Gaines flew the entire crew down to get him to change his mind :D

Wishing you the best, take care.

Rocco

Well how's about that, Yes, that was me! :o My mom made me do it, Rocco :roll: ... :D

Wishing you the same Sir, Chief amplifier tech and enclosures maker ;)

-Paul

FrankJames
Top Producer

Postby FrankJames » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:15 pm

Paul,

I've enjoyed reading your posts, you will be missed.

Whether you realize it or not, Jesus has been walking beside you all your life....

Frank

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:29 pm

FrankJames wrote:Paul,

I've enjoyed reading your posts, you will be missed.

Whether you realize it or not, Jesus has been walking beside you all your life....

Frank

Thank you for your kind words and that very nice thought. Yes, He has, ever since I can remember :)

Wishing you well, Frank
Bless you, Paul

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:25 pm

Paul,

Thank you for sharing your time with us for the past few years. I've always looked forward to your posts, written with warmth and humor.

We will miss you, but remember the door is always open should you ever decide to pop by.

Best wishes to you, and may your walk be long and lovely.

Best,
Mel
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

Return to “Off Topic”