World's largest neon guitar?

Edward Lopez

World's largest neon guitar?

Postby Edward Lopez » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:40 pm

Yesterday I had to meet Linda, my wife, for dinner at Red Lobster which is located in Times Square where you can also find the Hard Rock Cafe. I went downstairs to the restaurant area which has a lot of displayed rock memorabilia such as instruments, clothing, etc., because I thought that the last time we had dinner there I spied a Mosrite instrument on display. I didn't find it yesterday but upon exiting, as one walks up the stairs to the street one walks under a gigantic Gibson Les Paul guitar adorned with neon.

On the way out of the restaurant section one passes by a wall of guitar bodies containing 300 guitars.

Veenture
Master Contributor

Re: World's largest neon guitar?

Postby Veenture » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:08 am

That wall of guitar bodies must be a guitar projecter's nightmare...and I notice the giant Gibbon is needs 4 new strings :D

juan_10
Valued Member

Postby juan_10 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:15 am

I like this flying V ... Gibson got a good deal over these :-)

It's in Chicago , imagine some kind of Mechanoid rocking it !

A Rickenbacker in Florida !

Edward Lopez

Postby Edward Lopez » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:47 pm

Veenture wrote:That wall of guitar bodies must be a guitar projecter's nightmare...and I notice the giant Gibbon is needs 4 new strings :D

I guess Juan's contributions now minimize my Gibson! I would guess it's about 40 feet in length. I brought the obscured strings to the faux-maitre'd at the head of the stairs but it either wasn't news to him or no one in maintenance cared. Still, to be able to walk below it is sort of thrilling. Now, why couldn't they have made it a Mosrite and really wowed the crowd!

juan_10
Valued Member

Postby juan_10 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:18 am

:-) Edward .. the biggest one I could find details of was 118 feet long (but no picture) .. the flying v was only 34 foot ! I googled the largest neon guitar .. and Hard Rock has the record.

Edward Lopez

Postby Edward Lopez » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:56 pm

juan_10 wrote::-) Edward .. the biggest one I could find details of was 118 feet long (but no picture) .. the flying v was only 34 foot ! I googled the largest neon guitar .. and Hard Rock has the record.

Was that a subconscious pun? ;)

Visiting a Hard Rock Cafe is such a pleasure 'cause you get to have a great meal while surrounded by music history. Eating in a museum! 8-)

juan_10
Valued Member

Postby juan_10 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:56 pm

It must have been mate ! lol ... the conscious bit still hasn't spotted it :-)

Return to “Off Topic”