Combo & Dolly

Postby dubtrub » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:09 am

Cool intro on a Combo on YouTube.
Danny Ellison

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Re: Combo & Dolly

Postby Desert Surfer » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:21 am

dubtrub wrote:Cool intro on a Combo on YouTube.

She was smart to use a parlor size martin. I don't think a dreadnought would fit too well.

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:21 pm

Desert Surfer wrote:

She was smart to use a parlor size martin. I don't think a dreadnought would fit too well.

Yeah, she didn't have much choice. Actually, learning to play the guitar was her 2nd choice of
instruments. Rumor has it, she was injured while learning to play the Accordian :twisted: .
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

dellison

Postby dellison » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:20 pm

That was pretty cool. It really is amazing the amount of stuff that is on the internet.

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:22 pm

Dennisthe Menace wrote:
Desert Surfer wrote:

Yeah, she didn't have much choice. Actually, learning to play the guitar was her 2nd choice of
instruments. Rumor has it, she was injured while learning to play the Accordian :twisted: .

Dennis, that's a good one!

Univoxer

Postby Univoxer » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:23 pm

I know a Martin with a "dreadnought" and he's not from Jamaica, mon.

I watch "9 To 5" only to see Dolly's and I get a "dreadnoughts"

Desert Surfer wrote:

Deke Dickerson
Top Producer

Postby Deke Dickerson » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:12 am

Hey you guys, quit talking about girls, this is supposed to be about GUITARS....ha ha

The Combo in question is being played by Porter Wagoner's long time sideman BUCK TRENT.

These old Porter Wagoner shows are being rerun on the RFD network, anybody that has Direct TV or the Dish Network should get it. They are well worth watching.

The thing I love about watching Buck Trent from the late 50's until the early 70's is he went through every "new toy" phase you could possibly go through. He started with an electric archtop Vega through a Gibson amp, then he had a Mosrite Ventures with a Standel amp, later a Mosrite combo with a Sho-Bud amp, then a Micro-Frets with a Kustom amp, etc. etc. Great stuff for gear nerds!!! I mean, Dolly's tits are fake, you knew that, right? But Buck Trent's guitars were real....ha

Deke

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:17 pm

Deke Dickerson wrote:Hey you guys, quit talking about girls, this is supposed to be about GUITARS....ha ha

The Combo in question is being played by Porter Wagoner's long time sideman BUCK TRENT.

These old Porter Wagoner shows are being rerun on the RFD network, anybody that has Direct TV or the Dish Network should get it. They are well worth watching.

The thing I love about watching Buck Trent from the late 50's until the early 70's is he went through every "new toy" phase you could possibly go through. He started with an electric archtop Vega through a Gibson amp, then he had a Mosrite Ventures with a Standel amp, later a Mosrite combo with a Sho-Bud amp, then a Micro-Frets with a Kustom amp, etc. etc. Great stuff for gear nerds!!! I mean, Dolly's tits are fake, you knew that, right? But Buck Trent's guitars were real....ha

Deke

LOL! Deke, I gotta ask you a 'Personal Question,' and if need be, PM me with your answer,
but I'm gonna go ahead and stand out on a limb here :shock:
How many Mosrites do you have in your Stable??
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Deke Dickerson
Top Producer

Postby Deke Dickerson » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:55 pm

Hey, believe it or not, I don't own very many Mosrites! I've posted the photos of all I have on the list. I have the '59 era singleneck....the '65 doubleneck that belonged to Gino King (the one I'm holding in the All-Mosrite band), a parts-rite Doubleneck, a Mosrite Balladeer II acoustic guitar, the '63 Ventures model discussed on the Guitar Geek Fest thread, and the 1953 Epiphone Emperor that Semie customized.

The crown jewel is the 1959 TNM Custom doubleneck that Terry McArthur made while apprenticing for Semie. Not a real "mosrite" but the best one of the lot. Like a gorgeous piece of furniture that doubles as a great sounding guitar.

I used to have a '63 Joe Maphis model doubleneck that i sold to Jay Rosen, also discussed on this list.

So really, not THAT many, especially compared with a lot of you kooks! ha ha....

Deke

Return to “Music Related”