Mosrite documentary

DJams

Mosrite documentary

Postby DJams » Tue May 06, 2014 4:34 am

Has there ever been any talk of a Semie Mosley/Mosrite documentary? The more I read and learn the more I feel like his story would have all the elements of a great one. And who knows, if done right and accepted by the right film festivals, Mosrite guitars could have a huge mainstream resurgence.

Anyway, just curious if anyone had ever heard any talk in that direction. As a disclaimer, I'm no expert at what it takes to make a great doc, just a big fan of the genre.

vjf1968
Top Producer

Re: Mosrite documentary

Postby vjf1968 » Tue May 06, 2014 7:11 am

DJams wrote:Has there ever been any talk of a Semie Mosley/Mosrite documentary? The more I read and learn the more I feel like his story would have all the elements of a great one. And who knows, if done right and accepted by the right film festivals, Mosrite guitars could have a huge mainstream resurgence.

Anyway, just curious if anyone had ever heard any talk in that direction. As a disclaimer, I'm no expert at what it takes to make a great doc, just a big fan of the genre.

For that to happen there needs to be interest. Enough to start a Kickstarter or Indie-Go-Go campaign
to fund it. The music licensing alone would be cost prohibitive.

101Volts
Master Contributor

Re: Mosrite documentary

Postby 101Volts » Sat May 10, 2014 3:16 pm

vjf1968 wrote:For that to happen there needs to be interest. Enough to start a Kickstarter or Indie-Go-Go campaign
to fund it. The music licensing alone would be cost prohibitive.

As it stands now it reminds me of part of the Foxfire book, Talking about how teenagers in the 1960s were looking for information about building log cabins.

- Austin
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

Return to “Music Related”