Ventures 1st drummer reunited with the group

TerryTNM
Top Producer

Ventures 1st drummer reunited with the group

Postby TerryTNM » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:40 pm

A friend of mine sent me this. 4 Star General George Babbitt was the Ventures 1st drummer. Never knew that. Check out the video. . . it's really neat Thanks Les.

Do you remember the Ventures and George Babbitt the drummer who played "Walk Don't Run"? Do any of you remember the USAF Four Star General George Babbitt from Tacoma, WA? Anyone who thought the military is all spit and polish and discipline?Pretty interesting. General Babbitt was a drummer at one time for the Ventures.This is cool. Watch it. You will love it if you like rock n' roll.Some of you probably don't remember the Ventures. Those that do, enjoy the clip. It should bring a smile to your face. -Stumptown Blogger

http://www.stumptownblogger.com/2012/04/what-a-cool-video.html?cid=6a010536b86d36970c0163050cd62f970d

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Re: Ventures 1st drummer reunited with the group

Postby Bob Shade » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:43 pm

Hi Terry,

I was there, it was the Ventures with the Airforce band (who are top notch) at Constitution Hall in Washington DC. You have never heard Hawaii Five O with the Ventures like them performing with a full orchestra backing them up let me tell you. It was AWESOME.

You can't see it very well in the video, but the stage curtain had a moving light show behind it.

Very cool to see Babbit play WDR with them too.

Do you know if the friend you have that found this footage has more?

I saw it being recorded at the time but have never seen a copy anywhere.

Thanks for sharing,

Bob

TerryTNM
Top Producer

Re: Ventures 1st drummer reunited with the group

Postby TerryTNM » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:00 am

Hey Bob,
What a surprise that you were there. Glad you could see a repeat performance.

My friend Les Silver has been in the music biz all his life. From time to time he'll send me something that that he thinks I'll appreciate. All he had on this video was what was on that Blog. sorry. -Terry

Return to “Music Related”