The Ventures at BB Kings NYC 04/02/2012

LewdDude

The Ventures at BB Kings NYC 04/02/2012

Postby LewdDude » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:58 pm

Was a special show as I was able to bring my 9 year old guitar instro playing Ventures fan! He sat wide eyed and up against the stage in front of Nokie!

*******Mosrite Forever 1988*******
*************M88 05488*************

LewdDude

Re: The Ventures at BB Kings NYC 04/02/2012

Postby LewdDude » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:49 pm

oh and he got a set list signed and Don and Nokie each gave him a pick! He was a very happy little boy!

mrmomo

Postby mrmomo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:03 pm

Awesome! He looks "rite" at home with that great Mo. :D
What a great night. Wish I could have been there.
I like the video of the guys.
Signed set list to boot. Wow!
John Drysdale | Surf Guitarist - Mentor - Instructor | John Drysdale Music
Web Sites: http://www.johndrysdalesurfguitar.com | http://www.johndrysdalemusic.com

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:27 am

Thank you for sharing that cool report with excellent close-up pics to boot. One day your son will be a Ventures member too...they never stop playing! 8-)

Nokie
Top Producer

Postby Nokie » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:24 am

Great pictures, Lewd one! Is Don playing a Fender Ventrures Model Jazzmaster? The lighting in the photo is playing tricks 'cause it almost looks like the body is sunburst on his guitar. I know Spalding is playing a standard sunburst JM. -Marty

LewdDude

Postby LewdDude » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:30 am

Nokie wrote:Great pictures, Lewd one! Is Don playing a Fender Ventrures Model Jazzmaster? The lighting in the photo is playing tricks 'cause it almost looks like the body is sunburst on his guitar. I know Spalding is playing a standard sunburst JM. -Marty

Yeah, he is playing the Ventures model Jazzmaster. He changed the pick guard out for a black w/gold sparkle, but those Ventures models were all a black burst. Kinda of a grey transparent at the center, and solid black at the rim. I had the Ventures Model Strat for a while. I was not a fan of the active pups.

LewdDude

Postby LewdDude » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:41 am

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:44 pm

That's so cool! Well done Daddio.
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

Nokie
Top Producer

Postby Nokie » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:09 am

LewdDude wrote:
Nokie wrote:Great pictures, Lewd one! Is Don playing a Fender Ventrures Model Jazzmaster? The lighting in the photo is playing tricks 'cause it almost looks like the body is sunburst on his guitar. I know Spalding is playing a standard sunburst JM. -Marty

Yeah, he is playing the Ventures model Jazzmaster. He changed the pick guard out for a black w/gold sparkle, but those Ventures models were all a black burst. Kinda of a grey transparent at the center, and solid black at the rim. I had the Ventures Model Strat for a while. I was not a fan of the active pups.

Aha, thanks for the clarification. Indeed, the active pickups on the Ventures Fender Strat are a challenge. I still have one but rarely play it for that reason. I sent for a replacement pickguard loaded with standard non-active pickups. When I went to change it out, I saw that the electronics under the factory pickguard were quite complicated and it was not going to be an easily reversable change to the new pickups. So much for that idear.

Those are some great new pics with your boy and Nokie and Don. Of course the big question is what is your son's stage name gonna be to follow in the tradition? You're "Lewd", the old man is "Crude", should I guess "Rude"? -Marty

MOSDAN
Top Producer

Postby MOSDAN » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:48 am

Wow!!! Fabulous pictures and a great experience for that young man. You also have something rare in the photos. Nokie hardly ever smiles and you got him smiling in several photos. Nokie's wife told a friend of mine earlier this year that it is a rare moment when Nokie smiles. He must have thought a lot about your boy to bring such smiles to his face. I wish I could have been there. Great job!!!!

Return to “Music Related”