The Ventures at BB Kings NYC 04/02/2012

LewdDude

Re: The Ventures at BB Kings NYC 04/02/2012

Postby LewdDude » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:18 pm

Nokie wrote:
LewdDude wrote:
Nokie wrote:Great pictures, Lewd one! Is Don playing a Fender Ventrures Model Jazzmaster? The lighting in the photo is playing tricks 'cause it almost looks like the body is sunburst on his guitar. I know Spalding is playing a standard sunburst JM. -Marty

Yeah, he is playing the Ventures model Jazzmaster. He changed the pick guard out for a black w/gold sparkle, but those Ventures models were all a black burst. Kinda of a grey transparent at the center, and solid black at the rim. I had the Ventures Model Strat for a while. I was not a fan of the active pups.

Aha, thanks for the clarification. Indeed, the active pickups on the Ventures Fender Strat are a challenge. I still have one but rarely play it for that reason. I sent for a replacement pickguard loaded with standard non-active pickups. When I went to change it out, I saw that the electronics under the factory pickguard were quite complicated and it was not going to be an easily reversable change to the new pickups. So much for that idear.

Those are some great new pics with your boy and Nokie and Don. Of course the big question is what is your son's stage name gonna be to follow in the tradition? You're "Lewd", the old man is "Crude", should I guess "Rude"? -Marty

Actually the old man is "Stewd" Dude as in drunk. I always assumed he would be "Little" Dude but I guess that won't always apply! lol Maybe Shrewd Dude, or maybe just "La" Dude?
*******Mosrite Forever 1988*******
*************M88 05488*************

Haole Jim
Top Producer

Postby Haole Jim » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:22 pm

Off the scale of the cool-o-meter!

Thank you for sharing.

olrocknroller
Top Producer

Postby olrocknroller » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:08 am

What a night, and such a thrill for the young lad... Those photos are definitely family album material!
Olrocknroller

Return to “Music Related”