Postby Edward Lopez » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:00 pm

[quote="Bigwave"][/quote]

With a tip of the hat to Joyce Kilmer. 1886–1918

Mosrites

I THINK that I shall never see
A guitar as lovely as a Mosrite

A guitar whose hungry pickups are hot to trot
Against the player's flowing breast; :cry:

Nice renditions, quality picking, great sound, nice rhythm playing which could be a hair louder. 8-) I wish I could've been in the audience. 8-)

zarfnober
Top Producer

Re: Charades playing Mosrites

Postby zarfnober » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:09 am

Not to nitpick, but there's only 1 Mosrite in the video :mrgreen:

Never heard of these guys before, sound great, I'm a fan now. It always amazes me how people in some parts of the world find this stuff and become keepers of the instro flame. Gives me hope in my fellow man.

Rocco
www.rockometeramp.com Vinatge spec American and British style cabs, custom cabs, recovers, regrills and restorations.

Edward Lopez

Postby Edward Lopez » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:26 am

zarfnober wrote:Not to nitpick, but there's only 1 Mosrite in the video :mrgreen:

Never heard of these guys before, sound great, I'm a fan now. It always amazes me how people in some parts of the world find this stuff and become keepers of the instro flame. Gives me hope in my fellow man.

Rocco

You're right about there being only 1 real Mosrite since the other looks like a Wilson Bros. But in one of their videos on YouTube the bassist is playing a Mosrite but I couldn't see the headstock to verify.

I think that they are Swedish or Icelandic, but there also seem to be other similar-named groups. But you can recognize the members from the above video.

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:17 pm

Edward Lopez wrote:
zarfnober wrote:Not to nitpick, but there's only 1 Mosrite in the video :mrgreen:

Rocco

You're right about there being only 1 real Mosrite since the other looks like a Wilson Bros. But in one of their videos on YouTube the bassist is playing a Mosrite but I couldn't see the headstock to verify.

I think that they are Swedish or Icelandic, but there also seem to be other similar-named groups. But you can recognize the members from the above video.

Close...FINLAND ;)

juan_10
Valued Member

Postby juan_10 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:36 am

Another example of Finnish awesomeness ... I was hooked the first time I heard their Magnificent seven version on here.
they just get a brilliant sound .. I think I aspire to sound just like this when I play at home ;-)

Haole Jim
Top Producer

Postby Haole Jim » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:44 pm

It is right and just, instro-surf should be played well by a Finnish band. Spreading the Faith!

Thank you for sharing.

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:23 am

Another great Finnish band - The Quiets

Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

zarfnober
Top Producer

Postby zarfnober » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:36 am

I couldn't hear them.

Rocco
www.rockometeramp.com Vinatge spec American and British style cabs, custom cabs, recovers, regrills and restorations.

bakeoboy
Top Producer

Postby bakeoboy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:37 pm

Veenture wrote:
Edward Lopez wrote:

Rocco

the other guitar I think is Aria Ventures model.

Close...FINLAND ;)

Return to “Music Related”