Do You Want To Play Better?

TerryTNM
Top Producer

Do You Want To Play Better?

Postby TerryTNM » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:41 am

I know this is more of a nuts and bolts Mosrite discussion site. But I ran across this fabulous site that has the best teaching program I've ever seen. . . and it's free. If you want to learn some great tunes and chord progressions you could hardly ask for more. It's call LickByNeck. I know, kinda strange name. Download their program and then checkout the huge list of songs they have. I admit, their mostly jazz arrangements, but that's a good thing. Depending on your playing level, for me the tunes I've looked at so far are quite advanced and not that easy to learn but like anything else to get good or better, then you have to put in the time.

http://www.lickbyneck.com/

There are other teaching programs out there too. I've seen "Tabs" but think this is a step up from that.

What's your opinion? There hasn't been much talk about actually playing our guitars.

-Terry

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Re: Do You Want To Play Better?

Postby Sarah93003 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:12 am

Thanks Terry for posting the link. I will definately check it out. YouTube is still one of my favorites to learn specific songs. I have my 11 year old studying YouTube videos for scales, strum patterns, etc. It's a wonderful resource.

Most recently I downloaded "LickOfTheDay" and "GuitarBuddy" onto my iPhone. These are free apps via iTunes App store. Lick of the Day is really cool in that it is powered by Tab Toolkit. You pick a certain lick (500,000 available) and it first describes it, then you can view a video or tab notation. It also tells you the tuning. The Tab is cool in that as you move the screen it shows a guitar neck below the Tab and it lights up as you progress across the Tab. Very nifty!
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

Return to “Music Related”