Fun with the Ventures!

Postby oigun » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:35 am

Veenture
Master Contributor

Re: Fun with the Ventures!

Postby Veenture » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:53 pm

Absolutely! ;)
Veenture wrote:
panther wrote:Did the Ventures have a Television show at one time. I've seen several clips with the same format, the music almost sounds dubbed in as the drummer is making comments that you can't hear.
Dan, the taping didn't make it to a TV airing. It was part of a special video to be called "Walk, Don't Run" which was produced for viewers of the Rosenberg-Fraker special. A number of notable guest musicians were invited to join in with The Ventures á lá a 'studio-live' performance.
After taping the musical performances in 1983, the producers started a long process of adding and editing the documentary material but due to certain (company) circumstances it would take 5 years before Toshiba came to the rescue to finally get it released in 1989 as The Ventures – 30th Anniversary Super Session on VHS and digital Laser Disc *, complete with Japanese subtitles.
[ref. pages 268 and 269 of the book "The Story of The Ventures" by Del Halterman]

* It is currently available on DVD and appears on ebay too, sometimes.

rog43win
Top Producer

Postby rog43win » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:55 pm

A very fun video, for sure! Paul, thanks for the history on these sessions.......Probably my favorite videos clips that show Bob Bogle really having a fun time......was this during the time that Don hurt his ankle? I noticed he's sitting on all the songs in this session format........

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:58 am

rog43win wrote:A very fun video, for sure! Paul, thanks for the history on these sessions.......Probably my favorite videos clips that show Bob Bogle really having a fun time......was this during the time that Don hurt his ankle? I noticed he's sitting on all the songs in this session format........
Yes Roger, making it a very rare occasion indeed to see Don to be sitting during a live performance. He likes to perform in the 'upright position' so that he can bend his body in unison with his whammy bar dives! :D :D :D

Haole Jim
Top Producer

Postby Haole Jim » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:11 am

Extraordinarily Ventures-cool.

"Ventures sound" from a double coil electric! Sacrilege?

Thank you for sharing!

Return to “Music Related”