The Ventures

Tommy W

The Ventures

Postby Tommy W » Fri May 09, 2008 11:30 am

Here are some Venture photos I thought Id share.

Tommy W

Re: The Ventures

Postby Tommy W » Fri May 09, 2008 11:39 am

Notice Nokies fuzz unit built by Red Rhodes plugged in the Combo , he also built him a compressor that he used also.

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Fri May 09, 2008 11:42 am

Tommy W wrote:Notice Nokies fuzz unit built by Red Rhodes plugged in the Combo , he also built him a compressor that he used also.

THANK YOU TOMMY!!! I was wandering who made the compressor for Nokie when he went into the Studio, and ALSO wandering what that unit was plugged into his Combo!! THANX!!!! ;)
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Tommy W

Postby Tommy W » Fri May 09, 2008 11:46 am

Yeah that was the fuzz he used on 2000 Pound Bee , I heard somewhere that it was stolen but he still has the compressor.

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Fri May 09, 2008 11:50 am

Tommy W wrote:Yeah that was the fuzz he used on 2000 Pound Bee , I heard somewhere that it was stolen but he still has the compressor.

Was that at the same time his first (actually S/N#003) Mosrite, the one that was on the cover of WDR '64 Vol II, was stolen as well??

Tommy W

Postby Tommy W » Fri May 09, 2008 11:53 am

I didnt know the guitar was stolen too ,that stinks . I wonder where its at now?

Tommy W

Postby Tommy W » Fri May 09, 2008 11:57 am

I wonder where the first guitar he borrowed from Semie Moseley is ? Was that the same guitar ? It wouldnt have had a Ventures decal on it unless it was added later.

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Fri May 09, 2008 7:29 pm

Tommy W wrote:I didnt know the guitar was stolen too ,that stinks . I wonder where its at now?

More than likely.....Japan. :lol:

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Fri May 09, 2008 7:53 pm

Tommy W wrote:I wonder where the first guitar he borrowed from Semie Moseley is ? Was that the same guitar ? It wouldnt have had a Ventures decal on it unless it was added later.

Well, no, it didn't have a decal, but Semie probably wet sanded the Headstock and refinned it, because those weren't decals.
Those were actually Silk Screened on with clear shot over it, good question tho.......Now here's one trick question for any
of you Mosrite Gerus out there that happened to maybe still have their WDR '64 Vol II Album. ......Ready?
The BIG pic of the Mosrite on the back of the Album Cover (left side) is the SAME one that Nokie is posing with in the
band pic (smaller pic at top). I'm wandering if this was #003 ( it DOES HAVE the actual MUTE on the Bridge and the Guild Knobs).
So this was probably updated really quick, because of the intonation problem. There were only a few dozen made (or less) like
the one in the picture......BUT, now the TRIVIA QUESTION.....Is the Guitar that Nokie has w/him on the back Cover of the album,
the SAME Mosrite that's on the Front Cover of the Album?? And whom ever chimes in, explain why it is/isn't the same............
This ought to stir up some controversy............:mrgreen:

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

OK, Dennis, if you are going to asked these kind of questions referring to a photo then you need to go over to eBay right now and purchase yourself an inexpensive digital camera i.e, Nikon 3100. I bought mine for less than a hundred bucks. You've been using the excuse that your camera is broken for over a year now. Put up or shut.....well you get the drift. :D

Photo's, I want to see photo's. Then I can determine what the heck you are referring to. After I see the reference photo's then I'll give you my 'professional' opinion. :D :D

PS. No more excuses. We want to see your Mosrite collection too. It's not fair that the rest of us spent our hard earned money for a camera and you just slide along.
Danny Ellison

Return to “Music Related”