THE CHECK HAS BEEN SENT!

brutus
Top Producer

THE CHECK HAS BEEN SENT!

Postby brutus » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:10 pm

Hey all
Davie Allan has sent the check. The double-neck will be back in the hands of Davie once again!! They cleaned it and changed the strings, they were still "new" so it really sat in storage for 38 years unplayed! The collection of Leo Krebs is unbelievable I can't find the link, but lets just say NOS mid 60's Fender and Gibson,
Ric frying pan etc.etc.

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Re: THE CHECK HAS BEEN SENT!

Postby MWaldorf » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:40 pm

Wow that's great news!
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

Strat-o-rama
Top Producer

Postby Strat-o-rama » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:54 am

Thanks for the update, Brutus.
Davie should pose with it like on the cover of FUZZ: this time in color, and an older Davie maybe shouldn't look so POed. Maybe a smile suggesting, "It's good to be the king...of Fuzz!"

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:22 pm

Strat-o-rama wrote:Thanks for the update, Brutus.
Davie should pose with it like on the cover of FUZZ: this time in color, and an older Davie maybe shouldn't look so POed. Maybe a smile suggesting, "It's good to be the king...of Fuzz!"

Trent,
That would be Fantastic if Davie decides to do something like that........but my bet (guess) is that he will
more than likely put the 'Blue Demon' away for safe keeping once he gets the guitar back home safely :cry:.
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

brutus
Top Producer

Postby brutus » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:52 pm

Hey guys,
I think that Davie is sending a sighed photo of himself and the "Blue Demon" in that famous arms crossed over the double neck pose from the 60's to everybody that sent some money so he could buy it back. ( I will post the photo when I get mine) I would think he will be smiling.
Davie still plays his Jag on stage one could say it is even more valuable than the Mosrite since he cut Blues Theme with it. Well, anyone in the Chicago area if Davie comes within 300-400 miles I'm going, I gotta see the doubleneck live! As I don't like to drive hung over you will have the return run.(ha ha) Hey maybe I can bring my fuzzrite and talk him in to using it instead of the Rat.
One last thing... Davie said it would arrive Wed./Thurs. just in time for a session this weekend!

Strat-o-rama
Top Producer

Postby Strat-o-rama » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:28 am

Dennis,
From what the Surf Guitar101 guys are saying, Davie intends to use the guitar, and has wanted to get back to a Mosrite for some time!
I can't picture anyone over the age of 40 doing 2 sets with a guitar like the Blue Demon (unless they're a body builder), but I could see him playing it at special events for a few tunes. Also, I don't know how the 12 string would fit into his style these days. I think of his song Shape of Things to Come as more the clean, jangle of a twelve string.
Brutus, you know anything about DA's current gigging rig? I saw pics and it looks like he splits the signal into a couple of Silverface amps: a Vibrolux Reverb and a Pro Reverb (from what I can tell). His pedal board looks spare. I know he's using a ProCo Rat, but there appears to be two or three other pedals. Just wondering if you might know.

brutus
Top Producer

Postby brutus » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:08 am

I don't know for sure on DA's rig. I know that it is sparse Rat, wah, tuner? delay?
would be my guess judging from what i can hear on the 'Live Run' cd.

Return to “Music Related”