Top Producer

Re: Any Marshall owners on here?

Postby mosman » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:52 am

Oh I bet the missus just loves that!

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:02 am

it's funny. this set up is at our store, and I would have band practice after hours. she was star stuck by our drummer cuz she never been that close to a drum set before, lol. I told her to get behind the kit and jam out on a beat, and she ran away, lol!!!!!!
Cheers,
Aaron
Facebook.com/aarons.guitars

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:47 am

darn TSL amps. Too many knobs! :D

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:24 am

hey Kev,

it's really not that bad. it's really just the same thing as the duel reverb, but with one extra channel. so I can get my clean fendery tone, my jcm 800 crunch tone, and my high gain tone.

I been getting into the Mesa Boogie Road King lately, now that's an amp with diarrhea in the knob department. :shock:
Cheers,
Aaron

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:35 am

I tel ya what's a good bang for your buck would be the new peavey windsor amps. Those have a great sound to them. I very fond of the Mesa/Boogie dual rectifier amps as well as the mark 1 amps. I'm a lover of all marshall amps but always liked the straight forwardness of them. All I gotta do is plug in and play and only adjust one knob.

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:50 am

My love for Marshall also came from the Ramones. that guitar tone you can't get for any other amp.
I really liked the Peavey trans tube amps made in the late 90's. solid state amp to be voiced like a tubed amp. it's was cool, but a little too much of a metal amp to me.

the newer mesa boogie clean channels are freakin awesome though. it's a copy of old fender amps. I been getting into old fender amps too. great for surf, and that neil young grungy tone.
Cheers,
Aaron

— Mark Twain

Chemo
Top Producer

Postby Chemo » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:44 am

I have a Marshall Silver Jubilee 50 W full stack from 1987, including:
- 2553 head
- 2556A + 2556B cabs (2 x 12" each)

I've had it ever since it was new, and will probably never sell it. The sound is simply great - if you need THE Marshall sound, a good Marshall is the obvious way to get it. The 25/50 Jubilee stack is a little bit smaller than most Marshalls, which makes it nicer to carry around.

I use my Marshall for punk rock, but the clean sound is surprisingly good and interesting too. The model that I have is the smaller stack from this pic:

This concludes my report from outer space. Now, back to studio!

mosman
Top Producer

Postby mosman » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:02 am

Don't get a Randall solid state. I posted elsewhere how my Randall 150 head keeps cutting out when the MV is set over 5 and after nearly a month it's still being worked on because noone knows what's wrong with it. I did some research on the net and found that there's so many people around the world having the same trouble with a variety of Randall amps.

Now the Marshall JCM 800 I've been borrowing lately is a KILLER amp.

I sure wish I had me one of those.
Bill.

http://www.myspace.com/rocks 1977
http://www.myspace.com/kamikazekits

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:39 pm

hey,

I LOVE marshall jubilees. the reissue for slash didn't sound the same to me, but when ever i rcorded stuff, I'd borrow my friend's 2550, and it delivers every time. for thoses that don't know much about the marshall jubilee's, it's kinda like a tone that's between a jcm 800 and a jcm 900.
Cheers,
Aaron

— Mark Twain

jtr654
Top Producer

Postby jtr654 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:23 am

I still have my 69 Super 100 Tremolo stack a 76 JMP 50 watt top and a 76 JMP 50 watt combo.

Return to “Other Instruments, Equipment, Accessories & Projects”